Cleaning Bucks

Brian L

Name
Brian L
pinnaclefinalon5sc8.jpg

I purchased these from Tony Gillihan. He is selling these in the "Supplier's Specials" room. He will work with you to get them just how you want them to look. They are the same size as a business card.

I have been handing them out all week and have 6 new customers from them. I give one or two to existing customers and they hand them out to their friends and neighbors.

Sometimes people need and extra kick in the ass to get them to have their carpets cleaned. Be courteous and do a good job and they will turn into customers for life.

PS. I don't like showing my phone number as I am afraid Chavez might start calling me.

WISE

I got mine in today...

VERY GOOD quality. You really can't beat the deal the guy is offering.

WISE

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
WISE said:
I got mine in today...

VERY GOOD quality. You really can't beat the deal the guy is offering.

WISE

I'm glad you like the cards Wise. They really grab people's attention. I always carry them with me, drop them on the ground (people will stoop to pick them up) leave them in stores, on gas station pumps, you name it. They really are one of the best marketing tools I've used.

]

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I just e-mailed him and purchased some. I am terrible with the computer and people selling these services are the kinds of things I need fro my business. I have lots of customers who I leave a bill for and they pay me later. I hope they dont send it in for the current service. Maybe on those jobs I will wait for the payment and send them out with a thank you card.

Golden Boy

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Waldo said:
I just e-mailed him and purchased some. I am terrible with the computer and people selling these services are the kinds of things I need fro my business. I have lots of customers who I leave a bill for and they pay me later. I hope they dont send it in for the current service. Maybe on those jobs I will wait for the payment and send them out with a thank you card.

Golden Boy

Just write your custy's name on the "referred by" line when you leave them.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I am going to get these cards. Here is a point my wife brought up. Lets say you just gave a customer a bill for a couple hundred bucks. You then give them the cleaning bucks to give out to their friends so their friends can save 20 bucks. What benefit does the current customer get?

Golden Boy

hogjowl

Idiot™
You turn around and send her a 10% referral credit (I do mine in QB) for the new customer.

Just make sure your original pricing is high enough, cuz the $20 to the customer and the $10 to the referrer adds up to so serious bucks.

I think I may order some of those card bucks on Monday.

If I don't forget between now and then.

ADD sucks.

When we originally designed these referral cards years ago (before Tony copied the idea and began selling it here) we did a bit of research. The federal government has some laws dictating what you can and can't do as far as US currency reproduction.

As I interpreted it, I'm not sure these would be acceptable.

Heck, some printers wont even print any type of currency reproduction in green. We've run into a few of those over the years.

These type of referral cards can be a great marketing tool when used (and promoted) in a referral system. They have been an important part of our referral system for a long time.

Scott

Waldo said:
I am going to get these cards. Here is a point my wife brought up. Lets say you just gave a customer a bill for a couple hundred bucks. You then give them the cleaning bucks to give out to their friends so their friends can save 20 bucks. What benefit does the current customer get?

Golden Boy

This is a conversation piece, Waldo. It's one of those things the customer just has to share with her friends. Are they really going to be turned off over a measly $20? Besides after awhile, many of your referred customers would have received one themselves.

Several years ago I got a business card from a contact that looked like several hundred dollar bills folded. Here's what they looked like:

NEW-BC-animation.gif

It was a great conversational piece and I carried it around for many years until it fell apart. The cards tman is offering are much more valuable than the cards in the pic above. In addition to being a conversational piece, they have a built-in call to action.

Scott

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
MarkCermak said:
When we originally designed these referral cards years ago (before Tony copied the idea and began selling it here) we did a bit of research. The federal government has some laws dictating what you can and can't do as far as US currency reproduction.

As I interpreted it, I'm not sure these would be acceptable.

Heck, some printers wont even print any type of currency reproduction in green. We've run into a few of those over the years.

These type of referral cards can be a great marketing tool when used (and promoted) in a referral system. They have been an important part of our referral system for a long time.

There is no denying it, your card was the inspiration for my own. However this was no copy and paste job, I spent a great deal of time developing the card. Originally I had intended it only for my own business marketing, but after receiving so much positive feedback and requests for custom cards from friends, I decided to sell my better mousetrap. As far as the level of detail and quality of my design, there really is no comparison.

Here are the facts on US currency reproduction in advertising:

"In short, reproduction of U.S. Currency, in black and white or in
color, is legal for numismatic, educational or advertising purposes
provided that the final illustration is either less than 75% of the
original size or more than 150% of the original size. There is no
restriction on the size of the negatives, no restriction on electronic
images, and no restriction on film or television use. There is also
specifically nothing in the law that requires that the image be
altered in any way, such as removing the serial numbers."

From http://www.coinbooks.org/esylum_v02n46a03.html

]

Becker

Name
Becker
Much like this.

Realtors have been using it for years.

CardWholeWebProp4.jpg

I had a client that had these, and I have to say I was fooled.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Ernie Boch Car dealership and many other companies have been doing this since atleast the '60's. I get stuff that looks like money and checks in the mail every week. No carpet cleaner invented this

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
scan0001.jpg

These people stole your ideas guys. I wish it came out clearer the otherside is a pretty nice ad

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Yep, you are right, that is a typo. Fortunately that was a preprint sample.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Yes we fixed it before it went to print. I really like the logo he came up with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom