Cleaning Concrete with and epoxy coating w/pics

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
1460676536530-2034151824.jpg
1460676608874-67475036.jpg
1460676553743351696814.jpg
I have a chain of dental offices I clean. A couple of the office are all concrete with an epoxy coating. I have not cleaned this before.

I think I have the process down. Spray with neutral cleaner agitate with a 175 with a white pad. Lower pressure extract with a gekko and a squeege head. Does that sound right?

Also in one of the picture there is some obvious damage to the coating. The office manager says it has been like that since the coating was applied. Something about water dropping on it before it cured.

Is there any possibility of damaging this worse? What should I disclaim?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Cured expoxy is pretty tough stuff. I wouldn't be afraid to use a spinner on it. I would only use enough pressure to get it clean. Test an area first, it might not need to be scrubbed. I've done expoxy garages and they clean like a breeze with just pre spray and spinner. Way faster than carpet or tile. The only possible problem would be if some had a bad bond and you sucked it up. Depending on the age I would think it would show a little if it was loose. In a garage you can see bad areas.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
If you want you can put a urethane finish on it. Urethane is the suggested finish for epoxy. I like Buckeye Proclaim.

Ron K

If you want you can put a urethane finish on it. Urethane is the suggested finish for epoxy. I like Buckeye Proclaim.
Does the urethane protect the epoxy? Make it last longer? Or is it just appearance?

Ron K

It's a wash floor 20'X20" 4" slope been down since 2008. High strength concrete reBar,plastic and 4"s of pea gravel and does not have any moisture problems. What would you recommend then?
I'd try a small section first to see how it holds up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom