Cleaning for a former carpet cleaner... Ohhhh goodness.....

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Local old guy was selling all his stuff(& biz) and moving a couple of years ago. He had health/knee issues and had to quit. Went to his sale, think I ended up buying a sprayer and some microban.:clap:

Anyways, yesterday he calls and wants to talk w/ME about cleaning his carpet. The wife's not good enough. He has tech questions. Great! For about a half hour. What ya use, machine, products, heat, rinse and SOOO on.

Then his machine, products, heat, rinse, knees, how he might get back into cleaning etc..... He would like me to use his pre spray(wife chem issues) and fresh water rinse. Yea, sure no problem, what ever you need Mr Smith.

It's a small job, seems like a pretty nice guy. Anyone ever work for a former cleaner? How did it go?

Ya know what... It's actually kinda cool he called me/us. I'm not around other cleaners a lot(never). Maybe he's got a few set up tips for me.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Or.... A list of everything you've done wrong and a dissatisfied professional with a wife on a broomstick. Personally, if you want me to clean your carpets that's great I will clean them for you.... Don't ask or think I'm gonna use your techniques or juice. That's how I see it.

Reactions: Derek

CCWorks

Name
Greg
I would let him clean everything as long as it looked like he was keeping it at a fast pace.
I think he would like that, but due to insurance issues, I would have him say something as to not sue the company.

Bjorn

I have cleaned for a few with no problems one guy looked in the back of my box truck just said what don' t you have? Then while cleaning he said I make it look too easy.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I have cleaned for a few in our area. Sometimes they are retired and moved to this area for the lakes and get out of the cities.

Each time was a great experience as we get a chance to share old war stories, share some of the new things that have and are taking place in the industry.

Talk about how much harder it was to clean carpets years ago.....

Have actually had a lot of great referrals from them.

I have one former cleaner I just had to visit a couple weeks ago. Him and his wife are close to 90 years of age and live in a beautiful house in a very remote location way up North in the outskirts of Marcell and Bigfork, MN.

They are trying to sell the home and the husband is getting Alzheimer's or dementia. They really need to sell and get into one of our communities. They had a small water loss due to rain and a rain gutter getting tore off while mowing. Water came right in through the window. Also had a plugged toilet the morning I showed up.

I got them all taken care of. Wally had already extracted water really well with some of his old equipment and had a large dehu and a couple of fans set up. I just took a look at everything, did some readjusting, closed the bedroom door and told them to keep doing what they are doing for about 3 days. This place is about 1.5 hours away.

I was lucky I was going North that day and made the 40 minute swing out of my straight line of destination to check on them. Told them I was going right by them that morning and said "NO CHARGE"!

Just really felt the need to be a friend at the moment vs a cleaner and restorer.

Wally did take $2 out of his pocket and told me to buy a beer. I did keep those $2 separate intentionally so I could do so in his honor.

I just got them the name of a contractor to take care of a few small issues last week.

To me, this was a sad day to witness what could happen to any of us someday.

I really hope they have the opportunity to sell soon and get closer to daily help.

The house has been on the market about 3 years now. It is still very well kept, but I worry for them.

http://www.lakeplace.com/listing/irbor/124063

https://maps.yahoo.com/place/?lat=4...32331 County Road 354, Marcell, MN 56657-2119

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I clean for a woman who recently got divorced, Her husband and her cleaned together fresh water rinse RX20 everything.

So far she keeps referring me to past customers and used me twice. Her ex wont let her borrow the machine to do it herself.

He has a box truck with 2 powermatics inside.

She's cool leaves me to do my thing no micro inspecting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: Mark Saiger

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Cleaned for 2 other carpet cleaners and a Shaw exec. That job involved 120 mile trip to Dalton area and a travel fee. I also had the 23 year old son of a local carpet cleaner stop by and interview as a cleaning tech with our company.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom