Cleaning on One Cylinder

Farenheit251

I had a bad head gasket and was running with little to no compression on one side of my Kohler 25hp. I originally thought the bogging of my engine was from a stuck kunkle so I ordered another and tried to let my blower breathe a little and regain rpms every few strokes. It is all fixed now.

The thing I found strange was I was diligently making sure of my extraction with the engine bogging and I got just as good of drying with one cylinder. I had always been against the idea of running a blower any less than 100% rpms but this experience made me question whether it really matters.

C

Chris Sheldon

BrianE said:
I had a bad head gasket and was running with little to no compression on one side of my Kohler 25hp. I originally thought the bogging of my engine was from a stuck kunkle so I ordered another and tried to let my blower breathe a little and regain rpms every few strokes. It is all fixed now.

The thing I found strange was I was diligently making sure of my extraction with the engine bogging and I got just as good of drying with one cylinder. I had always been against the idea of running a blower any less than 100% rpms but this experience made me question whether it really matters.

Very interesting. Did you cut down on your vac lift to put less strain on the engine?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom