Cleaning question.......finger print dust

TimP

Ok, I got someone who booked this morning for Monday. They had a break in/robbery I would guess. And they said they are getting it cleaned due to fingerprint dust all over (black dust) is what I'm told. Is there anything special or is it just some dry soil.....she said she has vacuumed but I'm guessing that didn't get rid of it.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
vacuum...vacuum...and when you think you have it all up...vacuum it again...

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The particles are fine enough that standard vacuuming may have spread them all over. USe your TM along with a Dust Downer to vacuum. Make sure all connections inside the home are tight.

There are different varieties of finger print powder. Many have an oily base, so add a little Citrus Solv to your presrpay and heat - after you have vacuumed over and over. A prespray that works on small particles such as Traffic Slam is a good choice. For small areas use a filtration soil remover to suspend and lubricate.

The black dye is actually a blend of the three basic colors of dye. So you may see small blue, red or yellow spots wherer any powder is left. Use your favorite red stain remover to get the spots of color out.

Scott Warrington

Name
Bruce
I did some finger print dust removel . What I did was used some releasit in a trigger bottle , then used white towels to get if off of the carpet. I did a little section at a time and the dust came right out of the carpet. Once that was done I cleaned the carpet as normal and it came out looking real nice, I have a before and after picture on my website.

And I did vacuum just as Jim said ,

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Filtration type spotters have worked for us on detection powder. Toner spotters work well too. Those that loosen and suspend seem to work best. I would have said lubricate but didn't want to excite Jimmy.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
After some vacuuming, Grab your favorite laundry preconditioner yes thats right Fels Naptha bar soap. works on toner, coal dust filtration soil and finger print dust. when all else fails why not. :roll:

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
we had out home broken into in feb..fingerprint dust everywhere..used cobbs pog and citrisolv and got every single trace out..
i thought it was going to be really bad but it was no big deal at all.
dap.s. as stated..vac vac vac vac etc etc

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I guess there's different types of F-P dust???

the only one we've done was no big deal.
it came right out
I don't think we used anything special.

If i recall right, it was a fine dark gray dust.
all i did was vac with hand tool then rinsed the rest right out

..L.T.A.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
No, no Mr Chavez, I have used it on filtration soiling under doorways, Graphite stains and toner stains. It does not always work when someone got to it before me. The stuff works. This has not been a paid endorsment by Vikingclean.com. :roll:

jeff powell

The cops made a mess on purpose. Did they get a readable print? or did they brush a little dust around trying to show good faith effort. Just asking. :p

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
jeff if you were asking me that question..yes they mad a huge mess, we were kind of pissed but it got someone nailed..we are still coming up with black fingers at least once every few weeks..it got everywhere..
all over new box of invoices, business cards..etc etc.
dave

TimP

Thanks everyone for the help.

I just wanted to let everyone know how it went. When I got there I couldn't see any of the Finger print dust at all. However the home owner had already cleaned the area. Mostly with windex. It was the only thing that would cut it for them. Anyways It looked good when I got there. There was some on a chair but you could only see it by wiping it with a white towel or something....at least that's what the customer told me. I cleaned the chair and the carpet as usual. But I learned a lot about the whole thing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom