Cleaning up after a drunk drove through the living room

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
when we did water/fire restoration, we cleaned up after a car drove into an apartment building. Hit the fridge which popped the door. electric went out. guy just bought a ton of Smelt. Man it stunk. Got some before and after pics I could dig up.

Yes, it Smelt bad. LOL
If it was Mikey’s fridge it would’ve smelled like sardines.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yeah who is going to be the next poster boy selling things here?
They come and then they go when their agenda is exposed.
US old timers giggle when we see a new one enter the room!

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Yeah who is going to be the next poster boy selling things here?
They come and then they go when their agenda is exposed.
US old timers giggle when we see a new one enter the room!
I'm not selling anything. Really I don't make videos for other cleaners. I do it for fun. I’ve learned a lot about the editing process. It’s definitely a challenge. I do it for my local market and my channel. When people google carpet cleaning in Redding, I pop up like a bad rash.

Jimmy, when do we get some video of you on your Indian heading out to the KFC? The public demands it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I'm not selling anything. Really I don't make videos for other cleaners. I do it for my local market and my channel. When people google carpet cleaning in Redding, I pop up like a bad rash.

Jimmy, when do we get some video of you on your Indian heading out to the KFC? The public demands it.
He has to go to the bank and cash his cheque from Betco first.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I would have insisted the insurance company replace the carpet with that much broken glass.
Not my house, not my carpet. I do what the pm asked me to do. Not my job to question them. Maybe they wanted it cleaned so the contractors could fix the structure.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I would have insisted the insurance company replace the carpet with that much broken glass.
In my case, it was an insurance company that got hit. They insisted on a cleaning attempt first. Vacuuming not only the carpets but the office chairs as well. We had them sign a disclaimer that we are not responsible for any glass missed. Used shop vac, pile lifter and turbo nozzle on the shop vac for the chairs. Spent over 2 hours vacuuming about a 600 sqft office. No idea if they replaced it afterward.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
In my case, it was an insurance company that got hit. They insisted on a cleaning attempt first. Vacuuming not only the carpets but the office chairs as well. We had them sign a disclaimer that we are not responsible for any glass missed. Used shop vac, pile lifter and turbo nozzle on the shop vac for the chairs. Spent over 2 hours vacuuming about a 600 sqft office. No idea if they replaced it afterward.
Man. That is on the nose. I hear that all the time when I do these damage jobs. The insurance companies always want it cleaned first then they assess the damage to see if it needs replaced. Sometimes I just shake my head.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Man. That is on the nose. I hear that all the time when I do these damage jobs. The insurance companies always want it cleaned first then they assess the damage to see if it needs replaced. Sometimes I just shake my head.
I think the majority of glass needs to be removed before you get contractors in to remove the carpet anyway. Just makes sense to make it as safe as possible before reconstruction work. In my case it was a plate glass window and the wall underneath that had to be rebuilt.

• Wow
Reactions: Nomad74

Brian H

Name
Brian H
We had one many, many years ago... (I think that's how all my stories start)

Not a car crash but broken glass on a hardwood floor. Sounds easy eh? We swept, brushed, vacuumed and finally went over the floor on our hands and knees with a soft cloth brushing our way out the door. The Mr. of the house cut his foot on glass that evening. Thankfully we had them sign a disclaimer.

If that can happen on a hardwood floor after everything we did, I can only imagine how much glass could be left in carpet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom