Cleaning uph and tile in idle mode

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I have a maxx 470 (47 blower). I've been cleaning upholstery on the idle mode for a while. I've done some tile cleaning jobs at idle as well. There's enough vacuum and heat is ok. It's nice not having the loud racket that the tm makes. This weekend we cleaned, honed polished 4 marble bathrooms, the tm was in idle for approx 5 hours each day.

I remember the manual of the CD machine I had said not to do this. Anything wrong with it?.

Albert

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Hydramaster's reasoning is that they have found that at lower speeds, the vacuum blower can overheat under load (not enough airflow to cool it within the specified manufacturer tolerances).

The reasoning is a a strong point made at HM's service training (to also make customers aware of this at equipment delivery).

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
I clean upholstery and winterize my Butler (47 blower with a blower heat exchange booster) at idle speed all the time. Running at idle speed keeps the temperature of my rinse water down, below 200 degrees. Butler also recommends cleaning upholstery at idle speed.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Albert Lazo said:
Thanks Shawn. Do you know if this applies to belt driven blowers?
I believe it would be the same for either a belt or coupler driven blower. I know when I use an upholstery tool with my belt driven 47 at anything under 2500rpm it will get quite hot.

macgyver3d3

i just bought a hydromaster maxx 470 and it seems to be really loud also. is their a way to quiet it down at all? and is it ok to run it on low instead of on high if using single wand use?
thanks

Greenie

Just how high of pressure were you running when you were cleaning Tile at Idle? This seems liek a red flag to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom