Cleaning Video From Today

Name
Todd
Just a couple of cleaning video's from today with my Blazer GT. It was heavily soiled white berber, all 2700 Sq Ft. and 2 stair cases. No pre scrub and FWR 6 flow 500 PSI that is as fast as I could move with it. I thought I was running an emulsifier but forgot to turn the valve on :hopeless:

looks like I was cleaning 1 handed in the first video, Don't know why….:rockon:
http://youtu.be/4Rh8a1GcoQ8

http://youtu.be/p-wBklZjz7Q

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Lawrence
Name
BradFenstermaker
Todd that was a nice job, wish I could find 1 of those every Monday to start the week off. What kind of wand it that??

Are you sure all your jets where clear?? Seemed like you had to make several passes from streaking.

Name
Todd
Yes Brad it was streaking pretty bad. These Jets are a year old SS. I need to get some new Jets w/ extenders, check valves and a new glide. Its a 12 inch wand w/ 2 inch tube. I don't know what the brand is. I bought it when I bought the machine.

This wand is way to long for me too ( killing my shoulder ). Does anyone know of a good wand for someone 5'7'' ? How long are the Prochem Ti's ?

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
your wand/jets suck and so does your technique.

my wife says your socks suck too. :lol:

-Up your flow.
-Slow down on the back stroke, thats when most of the soil comes out
-Don't over lap at the forward end of your stroke, you'll over wet the overlapped area.
-Use longer strokes.
-Pre scrub or use better pre spray so you don't have to make so many rinse strokes.
-Over lap your dry strokes a couple of inches more for and aft to avoid over wetting
-Be far more symmetrical about all your movements.

Reactions: Jason del Norte

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Yes Brad it was streaking pretty bad. These Jets are a year old SS. I need to get some new Jets w/ extenders, check valves and a new glide. Its a 12 inch wand w/ 2 inch tube. I don't know what the brand is. I bought it when I bought the machine.

This wand is way to long for me too ( killing my shoulder ). Does anyone know of a good wand for someone 5'7'' ? How long are the Prochem Ti's ?
That's a west pack wand. Check your manifolds they might be tweaked. You should drive down and check out a few wands. When was your last 400 hour service blower,pump engine,descale etc(book says 500)? You can schedule a service and spend a couple hours in the showroom checking things out and asking questions. I can promise you it will be time well spent and you will know for sure what wand/tools work best for you.

Name
Todd
your wand/jets suck and so does your technique.

my wife says your socks suck too. :lol:

-Up your flow.
-Slow down on the back stroke, thats when most of the soil comes out
-Don't over lap at the forward end of your stroke, you'll over wet the overlapped area.
-Use longer strokes.
-Pre scrub or use better pre spray so you don't have to make so many rinse strokes.
-Over lap your dry strokes a couple of inches more for and aft to avoid over wetting
-Be far more symmetrical about all your movements.

I can't up the flow it's only a 36 blower. I could not go any slower with the back stroke because of the over spray. I have not been using the wand much since I got the HOSS. This type of carpet will really show whats wrong with your wand and technique, Thanks

So what do I need to do about the Socks ?

How much faster would I be able to clean with a bigger/hotter machine ? This is only an 18 hp 36 blower. I was cleaning @ 100' in the video

Last edited:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I can't up the flow it's only a 36 blower.

One thing that will help with your blower is keeping the wand on the carpet, every time you lift it up at the end of a stroke or move side to side, it unloads the blower and will take a few seconds to reload(get the suck back) when you put it back down.

Does anyone know of a good wand for someone 5'7'' ? How long are the Prochem Ti's ?

Don't know how long, but it's about as big as someone vertically challenged(you and I) would want. I'm getting used to it, slowly.

Nice work w/the sprayer! Good thinking...

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I think he said his multi sprayer died and this is all he had to work with. Hey Todd, if you want to get 1 of the best cleaning wands for a guy your size and mine try to find a Stanley Steemer 4 jet. They rock but of course it won't help any of the great distributors on here.

Back
Top Bottom