Cleaning Wood Floors......

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Now.........I would never clean a nice hardwood floor with the SX-12, but a landlord asked me today to try to get the "greasy path" from the kitchen throughout the living/dining area. It worked. Used "Grease Eraser". hot. sprayed and let dwell while we were cleaning the 2nd floor carpets. Set it at about 1200 psi, and it peeled that "chicken neck" grease right up!!

Anyone else try cleaning hardwood this way? I did warn him that there would be a slight possibility of some buckling, and he didn't give a crap....just try to clean it!!
By the way, no heaving or buckling occured.

wood_zps5bd7d606.jpg

And yes.....I wiped down the hoses after we got em outside.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Wow. Never would I ever think to do this. You're brave. I would have has him sign off on the warning/potential hazards first. We use dirt devil and basic coatings products up clean hardwood. But would not have attempted to use it based on the pic. Well done..I think.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
I did the same thing about 10 years ago Robert. Landlord had a trashed rental with wood floors.He didn't care what happened so I gave it a shot. Sprayed it down with pre spray, scrubbed with a 175 machine with red pad and took the tile tool to it. Been doing it ever since, just not at 1200 psi. We keep at 200-400 psi. Never an issue. Like Willy says no need to fear water on wood. Great money maker. My guys are doing 2100 sq ft today @ $1.00 a sq and it's faster and easier than cleaning carpet.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Most of these floors are 80 years old, and thick solid hardwood. I didn't "soak" it down, but wet it out and then cleaned with the SX 12, never leaving too much water on floor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom