Cleaning wool rug fringe on-site

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
What are y'all using to clean wool rug cotton fringe on-site? Customer doesn't want me to take rugs to clean them. House is on the beach (high humidity).

OxyBlaster or OxyClean? Cobb's peroxide brightener?

Do you add Buff-All to reduce ph?

Citric acid to prevent browning?

Acid all-fiber rinse (which doesn't emulsify very well)?

Much obliged.

Last edited:

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
I would use a boost all and buff all with a fine fabric shampoo or sort. Then most important rinse well. I dont like oxy cleaners on fringe. If the carpet is old I just clean the fringe . Why should the fringe be looking like new on an old rug.

Reactions: Johnny

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I would use a boost all and buff all with a fine fabric shampoo or sort. Then most important rinse well. I dont like oxy cleaners on fringe. If the carpet is old I just clean the fringe . Why should the fringe be looking like new on an old rug.

Thanks, Harry

Doesnt Boost-All contain a brightener (sodium percarb)? I might have an old stale jar or two, but don't have time to get fresh before the job.

I want to treat some drink spills and asphalt/road tar (delim) tracked in by the dog.

Last edited:

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Boost all yes it does. Being you said you had buff all figured you had boost all. That would be my option if the fringe was white and fairly new. That is also why I said if it is old i would just clean it regularly without a bleach. Heck its alot safer then a fringe bleach.

Reactions: Johnny

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I would not offer fringe cleaning on location. I don't.
These products need to be thoroughly rinsed away, if you are to keep the integrity of the fragile fringes intact. Which cannot be done very well on location without taking some serious risk.

Part of the deal when cleaning on location is a lower price with the clients' understanding that they are not getting a top notch in plant cleaning.

I make it very clear to my clients before proceeding.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'll do it if the insist but I'll rig up a dry rack of sort from wood or shelves or what ever I can find in their garage to make the fringes hang in the air.

Pre spray with your favorite kick ass degreaser type pre spray , rinse like mad with a SS or PC uph tool, dry vac PLENTY, comb them out, towel them dry (squeeze!) and hang em up.

and charge $200 an hour for your troubles like any Fug Rag would.

Reactions: GCCLee and Johnny

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I don't suggest fringe cleaning on location.

For those who like the Boost All / Buff All / Fabric Shampoo combination - you can now get those three products pre-mixed as XoyBuff Cotton Shampoo - Bridgepoint's new fringe cleaner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom