Cleaning your bonnets

I have made it a habit to post pad a lot more jobs. The difference really is astounding on commercial glue down. My question is how do you clean your bonnets? I have just been throwing them in the wash with laundry detergent. I have not been adding bleach for fear that it would react with the carpet the next time I used the bonnet. Even though the bonnets are clean after laundering them, I would like to get them brighter. Should I add the bleach, and no a bleach alternative is not the answer I am looking for. Bleach or not.

Be sure the chemical u use doesnt contain ammonia. I would rinse with cold water then tide with bleach should do it with good dry. Use the big machines.

CleanEvo

I add bleach every second wash, they still look real nice after 3 years. I was once told that too much bleach can damage the bonnet, probably depends on the type of bonnet, I use cotton and cotton blends.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Keep them wet. Never let a bonnet dry out. When you are done with them, spritz them with some water from a spray bottle and put them in a garbage bag and tie them shut. This should help everything coming out... Just what I've been told. The bonnets I have were wrecked a long time ago... Never got to test to it.

G

Bleach will degrade them over time,but that means you are using them more which means more money so you can buy more.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Don't wash them at home, Take them to the Laundrymat and use the front load machines. Top load machines with agitaors destroy the bonnets and really piss off your wife.(I hope everyone already knows this)

As for adding chems a little O2 (powdered peroxide) doesn't hurt or bleach but don't over do it. Don't use very much deteregent either.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Get some Master blend Fringe Brightener and throw a scoop in with the load! :) You can turn tan cotton tank tops pure white.. :) Or cotton bannets back to sparkling condition with out fear of breaking down the cotton or leaving chlorine residues in the fibers.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
If they are heavily soiled then wash them twice. Fist time use regular amounts of laundry soap for the size of the load (consult wife cuz if she sees you reading the detergent box she will laugh hysterically... ask me how I know). Second washing put only bleach and only a cup in the bleach dispenser/holder.

You will not ever get a result from the bleach and the carpet from a bonnett. I mean come on the bleach is rinsed out and never really that concentrated in the first place. Twice through the machine was/is what I found works the best.

Oh and if your wife gives you shit about washing the money makers in the washing machine remind her how the bills get paid around this place. When I started padding carpet once in awhile I never asked how she felt about washing them at home. But then again I don't ask if I can go fishing either. Your wife might not be as agreable to things like that as mine is.

Ken Raddon.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

hey john, you do realize they make front load washers for the house right :p :p :p

with that being said, while i am not as blunt with my wife as flyerman is, i am also more anal how clean my wash machine and dryer are....

I wash, Mops, Dust mops (shake them REAL good), wax heads, bonnets...etc....ALWAYS and i mean always...do a post wash EMPTY...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom