Cleaning your wand?

HogFan

Name
Nick Petersen
I was cleaning my wand and it developed a white hazy film on it. I can not for the life if me get it that haze off!

I used a white vinegar/water mix. I've cleaned my wand a lot and this has never happened.

I can clean carpet but apparently not my wand.
Thanks

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
If its stainless steel:

Get some Viper Restore tile and grout cleaner (acid). Dip a small rag in it and rub your wand with it (carpet cleaning wand... you dorks). It will clean off whatever is on there and you can just rinse it off with fresh water or spray it off with something alkaline and then wash it off..

I keep the wands shiny like that for the past decade...they look like mirrors.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I second Barkeepers Friend. Cheap and very effective. Not only cleans and polishes, but also protects the SS through p[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, sans-serif]assivation which maximizes the essential corrosion resistance of stainless steels. I use it on my stainless steel brewery as well. It was one of the first things the fabricator of the brewing vessels told me to do and repeat at least every 6 months. I use the stuff for so many things now, and my wife loves it for the kitchen. You can buy it at Target.[/FONT]

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I mix about four oz. of muriatic acid per gallon of water, soak a few minutes scrub, rinse. Wear gloves and eye protection.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I jus bungie cord mine to the bumper before entering the auto wash : )

Ya'll put way to much effort into it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom