Cleanmaster CMX20 - Hydramaster RX-20 - same thing??

Dirtmonger

The Cleanmaster has a Chinese made motor that is problematic to my understanding. Don't think its made anymore

Farenheit251

I think Dirtmonger is talking about the Spinmaster-an RX20 knockoff produced by another company. My friend has a CMX20 for 8 years and I cant tell any difference from my RX 20s I've had.

A

amazingcleansc

I had a cmx20 that WAS H.E. I sold it to Ashley Mckendree. he seems to be an expert on them, hes refurb'ed a few

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I believe the original CMX-20 Rotary Jet Extractor, which I have, (Serial # 3783), was made under a different label so that the non HydraMaster people could sell it.

It was manufactured by HydraMaster in the USA.

It still runs as good today as the day I bought it.

Mine differs to the ones shown in the ad in it is a slow speed model, 90 rpm as opposed to 130rpm (?).

Here's a couple of old pics from when I was going to sell it some time back.

2007_0422Equipmentforsale0012-1.jpg

2007_0422Equipmentforsale0021-1.jpg

Ooroo,

:roll:

MerCrewser

I have some hours behind the old style low speed. A good machine, cleaned well. I miss the "window".

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
amazingcleansc said:
my cmx-20 didn't look ANYTHING like that.

How do you mean David ??

It's seen a LOT of work in it's day. shiteatinggrin

Or are you talking about the self contained module ??

This has vacuum motor and and pump-out enclosed.

This allowed me to go to the top of any high rise and clean carpets without any other equipment, apart from a pre-sprayer.

Simply hook up to water supply, put waste hose into laundry tub or lavatory, etc; and hook up to power and you're in business.

As you can see, it also had drive board for pads/bonnets and a brush.

Without the power module, I would hook-up to a porty or my t/m.

And as the old '52 Ford Mercury Cruiser would say, I also miss the glass :wink:

Ooroo,

shiteatinggrin

Dirtmonger

Captain Cleantastic said:
I think Dirtmonger is talking about the Spinmaster-an RX20 knockoff produced by another company. My friend has a CMX20 for 8 years and I cant tell any difference from my RX 20s I've had.

D@#% Just when I thought I knew something. LOL

Alexarz

That is not the original RX20. I saw one about a month or so ago on Ebay and was amazed. it looked like a World War 1 tank, very primitive in design. I still have a few low speed RX20's and they were the best that Hydramaster ever made.

647.jpg

Alexarz

What you are calling the "extended design" was merely the generation before the vertical motor design chassis, which is still the present version.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Alexarz said:
What you are calling the "extended design" was merely the generation before the vertical motor design chassis, which is still the present version.

I beg to differ with your expertise, after all you are on home soil, & I'm half a world away. shiteatinggrin

BUT, when the model I have came on the market in Australia, (this was about 18 years ago), the high speed model was also available as well as the walk behind compact extractor that took the same heads, (okay, maybe different threads), as the other models.

IE; they all had the stadard octopus or star, the brush and the drive board that would go on each machine if the coupling was right.

At the same time, HydraMaster also brought out an lpg heated model that was self contained in a box on wheels.

This was somewhat like an ambulance guerney in that you would theoretically push it up to your van and the front legs would collapse allowing you to push the machine into the van, the rear legs would also fold when they came into contact with the van floor.

This hasn't been a moment with Brian, just one of my moments.

Ooroo,

shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom