Clear and color sealing?

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
I was just curious what people are charging for both?

Also where do you get your products from. I was looking at grout shield and was thinking about just having the owner choose the color first, then order it so I wouldnt have to buy the whole starter kit. Has anyone done that and does it work well?

Thanks

Spurling

1-4 in tile clean and clear $3.05 clean and color $4.05 clean only $2.30
5-9 in tile " ............. " $2.70 " ............... " $3.70 " ....... " $1.95
10 in plus " ............. " $2.35 " ............... " $3.35 " ...... " $1.60

I got stiffed with 2 pints of color .. so from now on, I have the customer look at the color chart and give me a $100 deposit .. I order the product from Grout Perfect .. I get it in about a week .. if they cancel, I will just give them the color sealer .. try the wipes from Grouterra .. looks like it would work out..

SJA

In Cleveland, OH I charge the following on average:

Clean Only - .75
Clean & Clear - $1 - $1.50
Clean & Color - $2 - $3.50

$350 Job Min

Other factors that I take into account are: condition of floor, total square footage, waxes/sealers, tile size, depth of grout joint.

In my opinion, the best way to get started is to set up a tool box that will allow you to go on a sales call and do a demo of each option. This will set a realistic level of expecation to the customer and will allow you to learn as you go without making too many mistakes when pricing. I have been doing this for over 10 years and would never sell a job without doing a demo.

You can get into ColorSealing for under $200 ... a sales kit and DVD.

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
Thanks. Someone mentioned that you can gaurantee color sealing for 7 years? That if they spill they will just be able to wipe it off. Does anyone do that?

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
The cost per square foot should also be determined by the size of the tiles, and the width of the grout lines. The smaller the tile, the more grout lines there are to deal with.

This is especially true when using the color seal.

Gary T

I like This Old Grout color sealer. Been using it 5 years not a problem. I let the custy pick the color and order. Usually in 3 days I have the sealer. I love the wipes from Grouterra, they work great.

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
Thats a very good point Bob about the size of the grout lines. How do you measure the different lines?

Also Gary, What old grout sealer have you been using?

Spurling

White Collar said:
How do you measure the different lines?

You dont actually measure the grout lines .. theyre usually 1/4 in or 1/8 in .. some wall tiles might have a thinner line of grout .. I dont have a different charge for how wide the grout lines are .. just tile size .. the smaller the tile, the more grout to deal with .. which means more to charge ..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom