Clear SS uph tool case bigger than blue case

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Been beating my head against the wall for the past several days trying to get the glide from my SS uph tool to fit into the clear case. The clear case I have is about .125 inches wider at the head and .25 longer overall than the original blue case. The clear top won't fit on the blue bottom.

John O. said send it to him (I know he thinks I'm crazy, and he could be right), but suggested I see if anyone else here has the same problem.

Much obliged.

Last edited:
Name
Nate W.
The glide doesn't fit into the clear case. Tried shaving a little off the interior of the glide, but it still doesn't fit.

Mines seems a little off too, but it seems to suck and clean fine.... I know you can't install it wrong (except for Marty)....... :lol:

Mikey P

Administrator
Did you try flipping it the other way?:icon_redface:

Did you try screwing it down? One of mine was a tad off but compressed down just fine

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
ohn should have explained to you that the clear cases may not fit your glides
link1.gif
. . .
I thought he did in one of there earlier posts. ???

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
No, it's still blue. The clear case will all screw together, but the ends of the glide won't seat, so the glide becomes bowed.

Thanks for the offer to fix it. You're under no obligation to do so. Can you order a new glide (put it on my card) for the clear case I'll send you so I can continue to use it as blue while you have it? Also charge my card for shipping and any other expense.

Thanks, John!

ps. I'll send you the whole head if you prefer or if it will take awhile to get another glide.

Last edited:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
so here is what i noticed....yes the glide part doesnt "fit" as well as original...didnt notice any problems with cleaning though....

here are 2 pictures to show a slight "curve"

20140425_103708.jpg

20140425_103632.jpg

so it is a little off, and with no screws on the ends...it wont just "suck" it down....

I was thinking maybe the opening where the glide sits in, was to small actually...thus not letting the glide "pop" in

Name
Nate W.
so here is what i noticed....yes the glide part doesnt "fit" as well as original...didnt notice any problems with cleaning though....

20140425_103708.jpg

20140425_103632.jpg

so it is a little off, and with no screws on the ends...it wont just "suck" it down....

I was thinking maybe the opening where the glide sits in, was to small actually...thus not letting the glide "pop" in

That's how my glide sits too... It seems to work fine and no loss of suction...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yup thats just a little more....

looks like they need to "tweak" the mold a little more....

and yes they seem more fragile then the blue....

Why is it CLEAR plastic cant be more bendy like colored???

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny

Ya, the clear case is bigger in every dimension. I had to shave a little off the inside walls of the glide to get it to fit as you see it above.

John O., should I still send it to you?

Last edited:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Nope that is what it is. Doug you got this FREE to beta test. If anyone doesn't want or is having trouble testing these it is ok. Just send it back. We expect minor issues like this because of the way plastic shrinks and wears. This is why you got these free from me. Well with the exceptions of paying for shipping. This is also why Bill is concerned about making me another run, Doug. He graciously did what I asked so if your going to complain about being part of a free beta test please call me direct and not do it on the board. It is in bad form and taste.

Please keep in mind that this was part of research and development done the right way and again there are some bumps in the road as expected. This is the whole point of beta test and having All COST ASSOCIATED BEING FOOTED BY SAPPHIRE AND MY HAT GOES OFF TO BILL AND THE SAPPHIRES GUYS THAT MADE THIS POSSIBLE!

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
I've got the same slight bow, it doesn't effect anything. Cleans just as good as before switching.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I'm not complaining. Glad to have it; its very cool. Just wanted to get it put together right. I appreciate John's getting them for us.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

Hello a question?? no dig or complaint

Just use the dawn thing.
:bull:That curve ain't going to matter unless you are using it on counters

uhhh I think thats what i said

If and when they go into production the glide will match perfectly

Well I sure as shit know your not talking about me???:madder:

All I did was echo a report FROM SOMEONE ELSE ON THE BOARD, confirming yes i saw this SMALL issue as well....

NO WHERE IN THERE WAS THERE A COMPLAINT OR BASH OR ANYTHING LIKE IT.....AND I WAS HOLDING MY THOUGHT ON IT, TILL I HAD USED IT A BIT MORE..

So if any of those digging comments were at me....then thats just plain :bull::bull:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Maybe I didn't make it clear that everyone that got these needed to let ME know and keep ME in the loop about how they wear and or not wear and any issues. This isn't and wasn't meant be played out on the board. This is my fault for not being clear when I said I'd get them for you but you needed to let ME know how they worked for the next 9-12 months. The absolute last thing this is supposed to do is detract from the tool and if each small hick up or problem is posted here instead of being emailed to me or a phone call it will. Doug it's my fault not yours please accept my apologies and everyone that got them from me please report to me so I can log and report to Bill how these things hold up. I really liked the tool blue but LOVE it clear and if at all feasible that's how I'd like to see all of them.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
FWIW, It didn't sound like complaining to me. I don't have any dogs in the fight. I don't own the SS tool. That bow would drive me nuts if it was on a full production (> $500) tool, but it's not. Anyone who's reasonable will understand that. John is well known to provide excellent service/support and so is Sapphire. I'm sure that will continue. Take it easy! (Best Nacho Libre voice) ;-)

The Clean Machine

Reactions: John Olson

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom