Client Engagement: How You Can Become The Cream Of The Crop in Your Market.

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Found this on Linkend. Well worth the read

Client Engagement: How You Can Become The Cream Of The Crop in Your Market.

Dec 25, 2015

The term "service" doesn't mean what it used to anymore. To me it shows a "just enough" attitude and that I am only going to get the average attempt at fixing my problem. For some this would be satisfactory while others would simply choose not to return and go somewhere else for their business. With the marketplace and consumer base calling the shots, those who are prepared to engage their customers and create an experience rather than just a service will ultimately win and have the all important referral and return business. One intriguing statistic that shows why engagement is the key to you becoming a "top tier" company or entrepreneur is that only 8% of all companies have a fully developed engagement strategy. This means that the market is wide open for a company or individual to have a majority stock holder status in the engagement trade.

When I was hired at Micheal Burt Enterprises the task was simple, Create an elite engagement strategy to help move the needle for not only the company but its client base as well. The importance of this process is vital to expansion, scale-ability, and overall longevity of the business. In fact 73% of marketers see that customer centricity is vital to the success of their business and role at the company. In order for me to fully understand the magnitude of the job I was undertaking I first had to understand what the marketplace was telling me about the future of customer service. What I uncovered was astonishing and has set me on the course to be the leader in the client engagement space. Customers are no longer looking for service as they deem it only "satisfactory". What they are looking for is organic and sincere engagement.

A recent survey showed that 70% of consumer buying experiences are based on how the customer feels they are being treated (McKinsey). Customers that are fully engaged represent 23% premium in terms of profitability, revenue, and relationship growth; at the same time, 55% of consumers say they would pay more for a better customer experience (Defaqto Research). Viewing these particular statistics and seeing that there were very few fully functional engagement strategies, I saw a rare opportunity to not only position our customers and clients to increase their footprint moving forward, but to catapult our company to another stratosphere. The important thing to remember here is that the customer and/or client is in total control and will guide you, primarily, to the answer they are looking for in regards of overall engagement.

The truth is that clients are begging for not only accountability but for someone to just pay attention to them. By attention I mean, understanding the "why" behind them doing business with you and the "what" that caused them to be there in the first place. My mentor Micheal Burt says that "money changes hands when BIG problems are solved", and clients who fully engaged are having their problems solved and will spend more money with those that can consistently meet their needs and solve their problems. 86% of buyers will spend more money for a better customer experience, but only 1% of those consumers feel that vendors are consistently meeting their expectations (Gallup State of the American Consumer 2014). As you can see it's not just about creating an experience that clients are looking for, it is ultimately about consistently delivering on that experience that will not only keep the clients coming back but will prove to them that you are completely engaged in their buying process . It's easier to NOT do business with someone that you know, but almost impossible to NOT do business with someone that you like.

A recent survey done by The Service Council showed that 60% of organizations see that customer service will be at the top source of competitive differentiation over the next three years. More importantly, that engagement will also be driven by the trends in social media usage across all social mediums. 15% of companies surveyed say more than 25% of customer service inquiries are initiated over social channels. While there are numerous social media channels to use, The Social Customer Engagement Index shows that 52% of companies say Facebook is the most effective social channel for customer service. At the same time 81% of companies state that a social media engagement strategy is integrated into the overall social strategy of the organization. Bottom line here is that preparing a client engagement strategy that will be sustainable over a long period of time requires in depth consumer knowledge, buying habits, and the comprehensive needs and wants your current client base is looking for, while observing and studying the problems that your future client base is needing to have solved. My coach and mentor Micheal Burt references Covey's eighth principle in describing my client engagement strategy and touching the "WHOLE PERSON". My mission and the strategy that will elevate me to the cream of the crop in my field will be touching your Mind, Body, Soul, and Spirit through an engagement experience that will not only solve your big problems but transition your business to do the very same.

About The Author: Matt Crane is the Director of Client Engagement and Operation Divisions for Micheal Burt Enterprises (www.coachburt.com). He is a millennial thought leader for client and customer engagement and has been published on numerous platforms such as www.medium.com, www.linkedin.com, www.successfastlane.com, and www.greatnessnetwork.com. He is known as a social media influencer and provides daily tips on his broadcasts on www.periscope.tv/mattcrane10x. You can contact Matt by email @iammattcrane.

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Ron, bear in mind that this is an article I found on Linkend and thought it was worth sharing.

Aside from an occasional flaw, I still believe it was a good read. If it means I get flogged for sharing, then so be it.

Thanks

Ron K

Sorry you took me reading the article seriously/carefully as a flogging. I did get something out of it so thanks!

Reactions: Ivan Turner

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Thanks, I got something out of it also. Well worth it for the amount of time it took.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom