Clogged jets

Matt B

Name
Matt Briseno
Could use some help , I have had issues keeping my jets from clogging up in the past fee months. I have new solution lines. Was wondering how often should I replace the solution lone from the soft touch trigger to the jets , it's on a titanium prochem. Thanks

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
Do you have an inline filter on your wand? if not that will help. Contact John Olson here on the forum and he can have them shipped out to you. I have them on all my tools.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Was wondering how often should I replace the solution lone from the soft touch trigger to the jets

only time i ever change them is when they break.
when/if it freezes I probably would too

did you check and clean the strainer on wand?
It's between valve and QD.
If it gets so covered with gunk, it can blow the screen and debris will pass thru.
Check there first

with stock jetting in the Ti (01 jets) we had fouled jets pretty often.
The cure was to flush the solution line at start up before connecting to tool.
just plug a QD into the sol line and turn on the pump to flush the TM plumbing and sol line for a minute or so .
We do that on every job and rarely have fouled jets now

..L.T.A.

steve_64

i keep tip cleaners handy. the QDs get drug though the mud when rolling hoses up sometimes. the tip cleaners keep me from pulling the jets off as often.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Last edited:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
the problem may not be from your lines. I use an open quickconnect to flush the system when I start any job, it also gets the cold water out of the line. My friend has a Cleanco, and I don't know the source, but there is a LOT of rust particles come out on that first flush. Steel fittings, steel braided lines, these can clog your jets with little particles.

steve_64

i removed all my filters and just focus on keeping the jets clean. i hate cleaning the jets and the filters lol.

keeping it simple

steve_64

With 50 mesh filters before the jets . . .

you should be able to operate 4X as long before having to stop to clean the filters.

Larry

i still have the filters in front of the jets due to the set up of the wand, its a bane. but i really dont have much issue with clogging jets. like i said, i keep a welding tip cleaner handy because occasionally the QD gets dirty when wrapping up the hoses and that dirt seems to clog the tips. ill occasionally pull everything off and soak it in The Works for a more thorough cleaning but i got tired of pulling the other screens to clean them and still cleaning the jets. i had an inline filter at the tank that i got rid of and another after the pump.

one less thing to deal with. if i have an issue now i know where to find it and its easily accessible.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom