Cobb Powermax Users

I've been testing out Powermax prespray from Cobb. As a cleaner, it's VERY impressive! However, I've noticed that the carpet feels like there is a residue once it's cleaned. I'm using a steamin demon and was hoping the high flow rinse would solve this.

Does anyone else notice a residue with this prespray? Is this stuff better left for trashed commercial carpet?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
CleanImage said:
I've been testing out Powermax prespray from Cobb. As a cleaner, it's VERY impressive! However, I've noticed that the carpet feels like there is a residue once it's cleaned. I'm using a steamin demon and was hoping the high flow rinse would solve this.

Does anyone else notice a residue with this prespray? Is this stuff better left for trashed commercial carpet?

it use to be the best stuff out there I could find...but something changed and it is not as good as it use to be......clumps up ..does not dissolve as good as it use to and has not been cleaning worth a crap lately.......not the same texture as it once was........I thought for awhile that it was just me..but lately I have seen a few others on here having the exact same issues as I am....it sucks when people can't leave well enough alone.........

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Jim Martin said:
CleanImage said:

it use to be the best stuff out there I could find...but something changed and it is not as good as it use to be......clumps up ..does not dissolve as good as it use to and has not been cleaning worth a crap lately.......not the same texture as it once was........I thought for awhile that it was just me..but lately I have seen a few others on here having the exact same issues as I am....it sucks when people can't leave well enough alone.........

A-FREAKIN-MEN!

I went back to Grease Eraser.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Well that sucks. I just ordered another bucket today.

We need Larry to fix it. I really like his products and would like to keep using Powermax.

Albert

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I've had no problems with the last 3 buckets.
Appears to be the same consistency and it all dissolves for me.
I use 3 full packed cups in a 5 quart hydroforce container and it all goes into solution.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We have not changed anything in the PowerMax formulation for over 2 years.

We do have to check incoming raw materials more closely for QC.

During the summer, humidity can cause some small clumps, but we are always trying to eliminate them.

We also have upgraded our stainless mixing equipment to insure more consistent results.

Larry

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Larry Cobb said:
We have not changed anything in the PowerMax formulation for over 2 years.

We do have to check incoming raw materials more closely for QC.

During the summer, humidity can cause some small clumps, but we are always trying to eliminate them.

We also have upgraded our stainless mixing equipment to insure more consistent results.

Larry

it went from real fluffy to real sandy.....
it use to dissolved instantly.....now it just bricks at the bottom of the sprayer.....
there are marble like balls of orange stuff that you have to pick out because they also don't dissolve.....
I know you don't like to here there is something wrong with your stuff ....but I have used this long enough to know what it will and will not do and I am telling you it is NOT cleaning like it use to......

come to think about this...all this trouble started when you decided to go with "new and improved".......and added the citric into it....that may explane the orange balls and the clumping........and it has done something to its cleaning ability....

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
use it everyday, and buy two buckets a month for my company. This stuff rocks! Organic stains like coffee and newer pet stains disappear, oily polyester cleans easily, and it even smells great. One little hint thought, I have an issue mixing it with hot water and then having it boil over and just keep sudsing. A couple of ounces of his citrus cures this and helps with the oil based residue in the traffic lanes. Something you may not know. Larry Cobb has a monstrous business that not only sells direct but also supplies many franchise companies chemicals, and private labels for some others. Buying his stuff direct may be the single best secret I hold over my competition. Just be glad you can buy direct, he really has plenty of business, with or without us.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Larry Cobb has a monstrous business that not only sells direct but also supplies many franchise companies chemicals, and private labels for some others. Buying his stuff direct may be the single best secret I hold over my competition. Just be glad you can buy direct, he really has plenty of business, with or without us.

is this why he does not acknowledge the little people when we have a problem.....it is just not one person that is having the issues...it is a number of us having the same problem.........

TimP

I'd still be buying it if it dissolved in a HF at 4 oz to a gallon rtu dilution. That's 40+ oz or so..... but it wont.

And I'm sure others would be too. It's the reason Mikey don't use it too. The price is right and it cleans well in a regular sprayer....

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I have an unopened bucket sitting there and one that is about half full (or half empty).

What I have an issue with is the same as Mr Martin. It seems like it won't dissolve well and it has giant pieces of orange chunks in it.. I used to like it though....

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
must be a west coast thing..i have been using it for 4 years and have not
noticed any differences at all.
i just opened a new one yesterday and used it for 2 days same as usual....awesome!!!!

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I got a 5 gal bucket 2 weeks ago and I have found much of the same probs as Jim. My bucket is full of 3-4 inch sq. citrus brick clumps.

Adam

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
a lot better product....I recommend you try it.......

RedLine.jpg

http://www.sun-beltusa.com/chemicals/pr ... spray.html

I used the entire container all week....and it worked great....ran out yesterday and opened the new container of powermax and went right back to fighting the cleanings....I really hope Larry takes the time and figures out what is going wrong with the powermax because I really like the stuff..until then....I am going to switch over to the red line...........

Name
Nate W.
Preacher said:
try 2112 fron CSN in Pensacola Fl.

I called and they don't ship to Hawaii.... Redline is a good prespray from the 4 jars of samples I brought back on the place from Myteefest. I haven't tried Soapfree yet, I got like 6 jars or the samples still...

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin said:
a lot better product....I recommend you try it.......

RedLine.jpg

http://www.sun-beltusa.com/chemicals/pr ... spray.html

I used the entire container all week....and it worked great....ran out yesterday and opened the new container of powermax and went right back to fighting the cleanings....I really hope Larry takes the time and figures out what is going wrong with the powermax because I really like the stuff..until then....I am going to switch over to the red line...........

I second that.. I have gone thru a couple of buckets of redline. Good stuff!

There are a lot of good presprays on the market, but none of them come close to the performance of this product. It cleans so good even at low dilutions. Most jobs can be cleaned with 1/2 to 1 oz per gallon. Dirty carpets only need 1-2 oz. Master Blend has a winning formula for sure. I have used a lot of popular brands and highly recommend this product. It shines on dirty commercial carpet and filthy residential. I normally rinse with a light mixture of Dry Slurry. I did try a small sample of Soap Free and was very pleased, but didn't have enough to determine if I really like it. I guess I will have to order some.

If you like a citrus smell then get some O2 and mix them 4 oz each in your hf and clean away. True professionals (you know that ones that pre-vac, run 4 to the door, target higher end residential, etc.) use the best products and this is one of the best and most economical powders on the market. Now if I was hacking apartments, then I would likely use the purple juice.

This is just a typical spay and suck with Redline at 1 oz per gallon raked in, 5 min dwell, and loads of heat.

IMAG00471.jpg

IMAG004812.jpg

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
It's weird how everyone tries different stuff and get different results, for me, I keep experimenting with stuff and I keep going back to extreme clean, and for places that don't need much, I use the stuff from Sam's Club, cuz it's CRI approved, LOL.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I like cobbs Powermaxx, it does seem to help with many organic type stains, pee, etc. and does foam up a bit when mixing with hot water (helps to fill half way with hot and the rest with cold) And I have noticed the clumpping too. But I will continue too use it. Good stuff.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
why doesnt doodaddy or masterblend have pricing for the 6 gallon tubs..or larger??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom