Cobbs Chemicals again.

T

The Magician

Any one use Cobbs POG, rust remover and special chemicals. He has great prices on these but don't now about shipping prices.

CarpetKING

Just ordered $1,500 in chems & stuff from Cobbs including a new Bentley wand. Got some POG in that lot and it works well. Think there is free shipping if you order $400 or more.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I don't know but the advertised shipping prices on his website DO NOT apply if you call in your order. I had to pay an extra $13.60 for the privilege of speaking to a salesman. Of course had I known that I would have placed my order online.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

TimP

Yeah I've canceled orders from cobb because of shipping charges that were ridiculous. Good to see you "can" get free freight if you order online. I always ask for price totals before ordering from suppliers to keep them in check. Otherwise you're giving them free reign to charge as they will. I've been screwed too many times before to trust any of them.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We have been trying to simplify the shipping charges.

Ordering by phone shipping charges:

$200-$399 of chemicals purchased - $29

$400 of chemicals purchased - Free Freight

The Shopping Cart has Flat Rate Shipping Charges Based on Total Amount Purchased:

- - - Up to $25 in Any Products=$8.95
- - - $25+ to $50 in Products = $11.95
- - - $50+ to $100 in Products=$19
- - - $100+ to $150 in Products=$25
- - - $150+ to $200 in Products=$29
- - - $200+ to $300 in Products=$39
- - - $300+ to $400 in Products=$49
- - - $400+ to $500 in Products=$59

Shopping Carts have many limitations for calculating freight.

We try to insure that total cost;
provides the best value to our customers.

Since "Citrus Solvents" have quadrupled in price ...
the POG is an even better solution for grease and paint.

The Ultraseal Protector is unsurpassed for Carpet, Fabric and Tile & Grout.

Larry

P.S. Joey - Sabrina brought your question on shipping charges to me.
We will credit the $13.60 difference to your account.

F

FB7777

I have a question for those that have had price descrepencies over shipping or otherwise...

do you all at least contact the company first directly and try to resolve the issue?

or do you simply get fumed and decide to vent on the bulletin board and potential harm someone's good reputation?

I've been at this for 22 years and made over $500K in industry related purchases and I rarely, if ever found that I was unable to communicate my disatisfaction and not arrive at reasonable solution for both parties involved.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Larry's POG works real well.

A few times lately when my go to VDS spotter of 30 years just smeared different kinds of grease and tar Larry's POG took it right out.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
fred boyle said:
I have a question for those that have had price descrepencies over shipping or otherwise...

do you all at least contact the company first directly and try to resolve the issue?

or do you simply get fumed and decide to vent on the bulletin board and potential harm someone's good reputation?

I've been at this for 22 years and made over $500K in industry related purchases and I rarely, if ever found that I was unable to communicate my disatisfaction and not arrive at reasonable solution for both parties involved.

Great point.
It's all in the way you handle yourself.

That being said, take away the crybabies and whiners, and this place would have half the posts it does.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i use cobbs dye stain remover ( best in the business in my opinion)
pog
citrus solv
ink remover
gum remover
odor solv...love that lemon it is awesome
never had a problem with freight because between the powemax and other chems it is always free freight

CarpetKING

Overall I really like Cobbs Chems and the value that comes with them but one thing I do not like that was mentioned above is the fact that they don't give you a total when you place an order. When I placed my last order mentioned above they could not give me a total that day - had to call me back the next day with a total...Kinda odd and seems like it should be simple to give you a total especially when you're spending in excess of $1,000.....

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
having been a operations manager for a large sales company many years
ago i can tel you one of the reasons why..the order is not going in as it is placed
it is being writen down and will be entered when other fires and tasks are done..
that is just how it is done/ jon don is a massive massive company that hires a ton
of people to answer phones and enter items..i dont order from them because it pisses
me off when i am asked on every item if i have a product number or know where it
is in the catalog..the one that got me was cat pump oil my helper was laughing till
he has tears in his eyes because i had to convince the guy i was not screwing with him
and there was actually a thing called cat pump oil..he was clueless as to what a cat pump
was and that it even took oil..
i would rather talk to someone that knows my name and can remind me of what i got lat
time i placed a order...thanks ED you are a huge help to my company.
dave

steve g

Name
steve garrett
first of all POG is kinda like sodium percarbonate, THERE IS NO REASON TO PAY A BUNCH OF MONEY FOR IT. my local suppliers are charging nearly 40 bucks a gallon for POG. cobbs POG works just as good and cost half as much. the heart of my chemicals is prochem. but I do use cobb for alot of stuff, I use their

POG
powder brightner (sodium percarbonate)
encapsalate SR
powdered reducing agent
odor attack

and a few others I can't remember, but keep in mind most of those are pretty basic in their makeup, alot of suppliers mark those up with fancy names.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Steve;

Thanks for the recommendations.

I do think that our POG is very unique in this industry.

Also, the Odor Attack is the industry's most effective product for urine stains IMO.

We are ready to replace the rest of those overpriced Prochem chemicals. :roll:

Larry

John Alzubi

I have been using 100% Cobbs chemicals for the last year and half. Great prices, great quality and most of all great customer services.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
dorothysimons said:
Cleaning with products that contain harsh chemicals can have negatives effects on health.
Green cleaning, is becoming more widely used to eliminate allergies and toxins in the air.
http://www.maidbrigade.com/green-cleaning

ever bothered to check those "green" products????

most times, they have worse shit then the good stuff..AND they dont clean half as well, thus making you need to use more

TimP

dorothysimons said:
there are some 'green' products out there that are just as effective as the ones with harsh chemicals.

So what makes you an expert?

Just so you know this is a forum with expert carpet cleaners who have tried everything there is and then some. To come here and challenge what we know, you've better have some credentials and proof for what you're saying.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
some...but much like everything else hyped by the man, government, or people looking to make $$$$$$

they in the end turn out to be nothing more then a cash cow

on the flip side...

things like recycling (though not over the top)

conserving water

and just plain common sense of taking care of your wallet and planet and self

i firmly believe in....

but when the gov steps in and makes a mfg of goods i buy "tweak" the formula, cuz it has to much of something irrelevant and it fooks up my wax...then i get a little huffy

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
back in the day, COBB had a store in atlanta. their products were inexpensive and of fairly good quality. Their Ultraseal was an awesome product.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I think local suppliers would do good by carrying some of cobbs stuff themselves, a few basic chemicals like I am saying. also cobbs enzyme deo is good too for a topical spray if you wanna go that route.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
gregcole said:
back in the day, COBB had a store in atlanta. their products were inexpensive and of fairly good quality. Their Ultraseal was an awesome product.

What do you mean "was" ??

Other protectors are dropping by the wayside as we speak.

Larry

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
hey whats the dilution rate on the carpet protector???

trying to figure out ifn i wanna run a schtick like the rest of ya

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
floorguy said:
hey whats the dilution rate on the carpet protector???

trying to figure out ifn i wanna run a schtick like the rest of ya

Our water-based fluorochemicals have dilution rates from 4-1 to 20-1.

The solvent-based Ultraseal is sprayed as is @ 1000-1200 sq. ft/ gallon.

Larry

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Preacher said:
i used to buy stuff from Cobb in Atlanta, i saw Greg there a few times, he was a goober back then too!!!!!! :mrgreen:

I am not sure how you remember that far back, but my ha is of to you. Apparently you weren't all that memorable.

Funny story about the guy that used to run it "Russ". He showed up at my house a couple of years ago to fix some furniture for the manufacturer. The guy hadn't changed (including the mullett) in 15 years!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom