Cobbs encapsulant

H

Hook

This is my first post. - Been a lurker four years - Cobbs - Encap got me a job 3 years ago. I was the 8th carpet cleaner to clean glued down olefin in a doctors office. Really Dirty. The office employees told me that when previous cleaners cleaned it it would look good for one week and then be dirty again. So I doubled cleaned it with Cobbs Sr Encap at 16 oz per gallon as a pre-spray and then hot water extracted. They could not believe it. But I said lets wait a month and see if it stays clean. It stayed clean for three months. Great. I have used other chemicals (low moisture encap) and they worked good for a while but it started to get dirty faster again because I did not use Cobb encapsulate. So I thought I would flush it out with hot water extraction at two hundred thirty degrees with standard pre-spray (Not Cobbs). It looked great. But it gets dirty in one month.Now Remember, this is a problematic olefin carpet, I have never seen anything like it. But Cobss SR Encap used as a pre-spray with hot water extraction is the only thing that works. everything has its place but could somebody please explain to me why this works so much better than everything else on this job? Thanks Larry for a great product.

Johnnyone

Welcome Hook
I was a lurker too......

Your post about the SR en cap from Cobb just reminded me that I have some on the shelf just sitting there. I thought that I bought the wrong chemical for HWE. I remember now that it does exactly what it is advertised to do, you just reconfirmed that.

Do you charge more for that?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
What about Encapuclean?

And Encapuclean with Maxim?

I would like your opinion. My distrib. would get mad if I started buying through mail. I have a good relationship with them and want to keep it that way.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Robert;

DuPont chemists developed the first Encapsulant. It really prevents the wicking that is so common on Olefin carpets.

It has evolved to a system that keeps the carpet from resoiling.

It works by leaving a thin coating on the fiber that prevents soil from sticking to the fiber.

That is the reason it lasts for 3 months.

We have run the same test in our showroom:

Encapsulate SR vs. HWE @ 240°.

Both areas look clean when we finish, but as the days go by, the Encap area remains cleaner.

Larry Cobb

P. S. Jimmy L. need to read your post over slowly.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I did read the part about

16 oz PER GALLON!

Larry that issue right there makes your product not very economical.

Now lets compare it to a vac-away product at 4 oz per gallon.

H

Hook

John: No I don't charge more.

bnb gary c-I haven't tried that yet but, I like Cobbs encap SR as a hot water pre-spray on this job. I get the best of both worlds, encap, plus, extraction on the this job. I am a hero because of it. I have tried other low moisture encap cleaners as well with my cimex but it would not stay as clean as Cobbs encap used as a prespray and then hotwater extraction. This has been a three year trial. This product works on this job three times better than anything else. This product has its place. It is a different type of encap, but i don't care, it works.

Jimmy - As far as price, it is a little expensive. But on this two year old carpet, the other option was to replace it all.

One last thing, I did not get anyfree product from Larry.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I like cobbs juice too, however, i used it on a wharehouse olefin and it didn't do that great a job, I got better results with an olefin prespray to cut the oils down, the encap juice alone wasn't powerful enough to break the bond the oils had on the fibers, if there was a way to add in some highPH oil cutting power to this stuff it would be awesome, prolly the best thing would be to hit the carpets with the firepower, and then encap with cobbs juice when done, kinda a dual method, I still think there has got to be a way to economically rinse a carpet with encap metered through the truckmount

H

Hook

Larry, chemical guru's (or anyone else)- Can I get the same result if I would clean normal and then put teflon on?- what is the difference between Teflon or other protectants and anti re soiling polymer's?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Hook;

You would get soil & stain resistance by spraying a fluorochemical protector after extraction.

You would lose the anti-wicking properties of the Encapsulate and the surfactant residue would work against the protector.

The Encap SR followed by a light protector afterspray would give you the best protection.

Larry Cobb

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I Just did some side by side testing last week. Releasit DS (@8oz gallon) -vs- Cobbs OLD formula Encap (@16oz per gallon). Releasit won. Cobbs wicked & didn't clean up as well on the nasty parts. Still testing the resoil rates...

G

I want ever use Cobbs encap again it destoryed my rubber o-rings in my new floor machine! and the solvent sealer did the same thing in my grout sealer wand, Maybe Larry should reinburst me for the parts!!!!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jeremy;

The Encap you are testing is not our current Encap SR formulation.

The new product is a considerably better cleaner and has Stainresist built in.

Larry

G

You noticed Larry didn't say anything about the o-rings so it must be a on going problem with that chemical!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Steve;

I have not heard of any o'ring swelling.

We stock Viton o'rings in nearly every size.

They are what you should use in all sprayers, valves and your tank.

Let me know what size they are and I will send you replacements.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom