cobbs powermax

what is the correct dilution for this ps using a hydroforce,doesn't specify on the container I guess Larry thinks everybody uses a pump-up sprayer.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
There is no "Correct" dilution ratio.
It is more trial and error than anything.
Everyone's hydroforce is different.
1-4, 1-8, metering tips, no metering tip, high pressure, low pressure, tip size, they all meter different.
Most cleaners have no idea what there sprayer puts out unless they have bucket tested it.
So with that said if you want it mixed 2 ounces per gallon coming out the tip and have a
1-4 hydro you need 12.5 ounces of product in the jug.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
The easiest way I ever did the math was to use X times as many ounces as your prespray calls for per gallon. Where X is the dilution amount your metering tip indicates i.e. an inline sprayer wiht an 8 to 1 tip would call for 8 times the "per gallon" amount of powder or liquid for that matter.

FWIW It's not an exact science but in the give or take world of prespray it has always worked for me.

Tom Mock

It seems that I used 6- 2oz scoops in the gallon jug. I think I used the yellow tip, whatever that one is. That was Cobbs recommendation.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
no tip, i put 20 oz in......

i did a bucket test and its right around 10 gallons used...so thats 2 oz a gallon in a pump up

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Yellow tip for me and I use 4-6 scoops. 2 ounce scoops.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

Able 1

Name
Keith
joey895 said:
Yellow tip for me and I use 4-6 scoops. 2 ounce scoops.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

That should do it....
fighting.gif

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I put 12 oz's in the sprayer. My sprayer is 1-8 with the yellow metering orfice. I pre-measure my cleaners in the morning. I use recycled 20oz gatorade bottles and fill each about 20 of them with powermax at a time. Since it is pre-measured my techs get the correct amount each time. I also pre-measure my cleaning powder for the truckmount. Same thing with 32oz gatorade bottles. Filling pre-spray and Cleaning powder ensures consistancy and makes the day flow much better than giving the techs big jugs to scoop out of. Plus the gatorade bottles slip into the neck of the jugs your filling to prevent spillage. I do rip off the gatorade labels and re-label them.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Josh;

The most common dilution for a TM Inline Sprayer is 1.5 cups (6 scoops).

Some cleaners use twice as much prespray as other cleaners.

I like my prespray a little stronger & spray a little less.

Thanks for trying the product.

We have some product samples of Encap 2X, Grout Sealer, & Dye StainRemover
coming to Jeremy's EncapStore Booth at MikeyFest.

Larry

P.S. Richard - good idea on premeasuring.
We have additional labels available for proper labeling with cautions.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
idreadnought said:
I put 12 oz's in the sprayer. My sprayer is 1-8 with the yellow metering orfice. I pre-measure my cleaners in the morning. I use recycled 20oz gatorade bottles and fill each about 20 of them with powermax at a time. Since it is pre-measured my techs get the correct amount each time. I also pre-measure my cleaning powder for the truckmount. Same thing with 32oz gatorade bottles. Filling pre-spray and Cleaning powder ensures consistancy and makes the day flow much better than giving the techs big jugs to scoop out of. Plus the gatorade bottles slip into the neck of the jugs your filling to prevent spillage. I do rip off the gatorade labels and re-label them.

I use the 20 0unce bottles also, although I double the amount of powder to 24 ounces.
(3) dry 8 ounce cups packed slightly will fit.
And if you hate measuring and have a postal scale just take the average weight after filling a few, then you can fill them by weight a lot faster.
I completely empty a 45 pound container into the 20 ouncers in no time.
I think the powder keeps fresher in the smaller containers.

Back
Top Bottom