Cobbs Powermax

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I mix this at two ounces per gallon as a pre spray. I clear water rinse and I feel the carpet has a sticky residue. Anybody else have concerns or could Larry Cobb comment.

GOlden boy

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Waldo, see my earlier posts concerning this. If one needs to use a rinse doesn't that negate the savings in cost for powerMax?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
been using it for 8 years and now up to 3 trucks..never a problem with us..and we have been going back to the same customers every 3-6 months for many many years..some once a year and some once every several years..

we use it on carpet, tile and grout and some uph..

Reactions: Scott Rogers

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
been using it for 8 years and now up to 3 trucks..never a problem with us..and we have been going back to the same customers every 3-6 months for many many years..some once a year and some once every several years..

we use it on carpet, tile and grout and some uph..

Ditto.....well except the 3 truck thing...

but no problems, and i have places I go back to do every 6, 12, etc mths......and no resoiling issues

and on a few of these 6 mths ones...(handicap people) you can bet they are back on it when its wet still

Mikey P

Administrator
But are you guys with no problems using a rinse agent?

I like Cobbs powdered "UltraSlam" encapsulating GMO FREE acid rinse. Comes packaged in a ten gallon hat and has a pleasant but light deep fried Okra fragrance to it.

At a recommended 32 ounces per gallon it really is the most economical way to strip powermax from your fine linens..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Been using Cobbs Powermax since early 2008...........Have not used a rinse since about 2007.........as soon as I get a truck...first thing that comes off is the pump and all the crap that goes with it.......

Never..ever..have I had any type of problem what so ever...........Clients tell me there carpets stay cleaner longer....they love the smell........rinses out great with hot softened water........and I am not spending money on crap I do not need........

If it ain't broke...don't mess with it...................

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
just good ole fashioned water....not even softened...

though that is coming soon

Mike Draper

Wait a damn minute.....Waldo, the guy who judges people on who is the best carpet cleaner in the nation doesn't use a rinse? Do I need say more?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I mix this at two ounces per gallon as a pre spray. I clear water rinse and I feel the carpet has a sticky residue. Anybody else have concerns or could Larry Cobb comment.
GOlden boy

At 2 oz/gallon . . . ,

you are recovering 1.6 oz (80%) . . .

leaving 0.4 oz of powder spread over ~400 sq. ft.

The PowerMax will not be sticky at that amount over 400 sq. ft.

Maybe just wicking . . .

from a PC surfactant prespray used previously.

Larry

Name
jack zerkie
Many of my jobs are to dirty to use water as a extraction, so I use Larry prespray and follow up with stain resistant powder. The carpets clean better with using powder as a rinse. The water won,t always clean the soil but the powder does. jz.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
jack zerkie
Thats a nice photo. I know that it,s not how bad or dirty the carpet looks, it.s how easy it comes clean. Iv,e had some that the dirt was locked in from resolve and dawn dish cleaner and had to RX 20 it. Then others looked worse but no one had tried to clean it and the dirt jumped into the wand. Even many years of cleaning sometimes can.t explain what happend. jz.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Charles;

It is a 2 oz. scoop , 1 oz to line :
2ozScoop.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom