Cobbs uv light

Walt

If you are in the market for a urine light get his. I also have the 400+ dollar one from
Bridgepoint and it doesnt hold a candle to it. (pun intended)

It's the only uv light I've used where you can see the light unaided in full day light. Great focus as well.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Thanks for the review, Walt.

We have worked to improve the performance of the model you have.

The reflector gives it a strong enough beam,
to also use for spotting with powder oxidizers.

Larry

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I have a large pet odor inspection to do, I'll try to take a few pics of the "green" pee marks. Do a search for Cobbs light I posted a pic of it before. Great light.

Marc Imbesi

No...but I advise wearing them....very powerful light and after 10 secs or so I was beginning to get a headache, so on they went....the uv glasses make it easier to see other spots around the perimeter of the beam, as well as being safer on the eyes...Cobb's flashlight was one of the better purchases Ive made from BB hype....

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I aggree with posts above. Its a little irritating that you have to press the switch so many times to get the 3 bulbs lit but customers are very impressed and it ads greatly to our professionalism

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Larry or anybody else that uses it for enhancing oxidizers.

Do you just leave it on?
How long?
Any bleaching/ dye loss as a result?
Does it also enhance reducers?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ofer;

We sprinkle a little Powder Brightener on the stain.

Mist with a trigger sprayer.

Apply the 8-watt UV light beam for one minute.

Dupont developed the "oxidizer + UV light" spotting technique to prevent dye loss.

We have only used it with oxidizers.

Larry

Name
Nate W.
Larry Cobb said:
Ofer;

We sprinkle a little Powder Brightener on the stain.

Mist with a trigger sprayer.

Apply the 8-watt UV light beam for one minute.

Dupont developed the "oxidizer + UV light" spotting technique to prevent dye loss.

We have only used it with oxidizers.

Larry

I don't have your black light yet, but I'm confused about how you apply it. You sprinkle powder brightener in a powder form or do you put powder brightener in a trigger sprayer and spray it on the stain? I'm having a mental block.... :oops:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Nate,
If I understand correctly, you put Powder Brightner (A powder 'Stable' peroxide that will be activated by the water- start releasing the oxygen.)

By doing it you get a more potent or more active release of peroxide. And with the powder you do not have to worry about shelf life as with a liquid peroxide.
The UV light I assume works to catalyze (make it work faster) the process.

Unless, off course there is a better explanation Ivebeensold

What I am not sure about is the safety of the UV light bleaching color, unless the 1 minute time frame, Larry mentioned, is to address that issue.

In that case it is about getting quick and final results while you are still there.

Larry, or anybody else that have done it, what do you do with stains that are not small size to fit the UV light?

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Larry
Do you need to wear glasses with that flashlight?

Was wondering the same thing. After monkeying around with an old florescent tube job that was on my ceiling when i was 14 (can't believe the bulb never busted) bought Larry's light. All i can say is "wacky amount of uv radiation spewing out of that baby!"

Eyes felt a little weird after a few minutes of playing around with it. What kind of glasses are used with these lights? I'm assuming something more than drugstore uva / uvb shades.

Todd Anthony

I have the black light from Cobbs and it doesn't seem to work right. The light works fine but the urine stains don't show up? I can see there is urine from the yellow stains then I shoot it with the light and nothing?

Walt

Todd Anthony said:
I have the black light from Cobbs and it doesn't seem to work right. The light works fine but the urine stains don't show up? I can see there is urine from the yellow stains then I shoot it with the light and nothing?

Which one?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Todd;

This is the current 8 watt UV Light:
uv8s1.jpg

Is this the one you have ?

Larry

Todd Anthony

Yes Larry that is the one I have. I've tried it out a few times now and I can't see anything. Maybe it is just me, I don't know. Could there be a problem with it?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Todd;

I'll send you a pair of the "yellow glasses".

They filter out the UV,

so you can see stain fluoresence more clearly.

Larry

Back
Top Bottom