Coffee Shop Carpet

Farenheit251

I come across an occasional coffee stain and usually do alright with products like stain Magic/zone.

Got a coffee shop willing to pay top dollar for someone who can actually remove the stains($365 for under a 1000 feet).

What would be best procedure/products? Pretreat,post treat,both?

I need to get it right the first time or I'll just be another guy who failed.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Kinda of depends on what kinda of carpet.. glued direct, powerbond, double stick or stretched, Have entire cups of coffee been spilled or just drops everywhere?

if some kinda of pad and lots of spills, you will need to sub surface extract majority of the carpet, or you'll only have wickbacks.... if you plan on using HWE. This may be the perfect place for a product like Hydroxy encap from Releasit. The peroxide/ oxidizers will go to work on the coffee stains and being an encapsulation cleaner, it will help it stay cleaner longer.

If you plan on sticking with HWE, you'll need to flush extra heavy areas of excess coffee, Then i would apply your most powerful oxidizing prespray allbeit Judson's O2 hot sauce modieifed, cobbs powermax or boost the heck out of your normal prespray. Give it a lot of dwell time, and scrub the heck out of it, then a good rinsing with an acid rinse say acetic acid of some sort. If you like Jon Don's products they have a product called Target, a tannin acid spotter that doubles as an acid rinse in these types of situation.

Depending on severity, it may be a good idea to pretreat with stain magic as you setup your equipment to give a little extra odizing boost.

Let us know how things go.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Pre-Spray and SCRUB with O2 or Snake Oil at label directions... Rinse well and dry pass and post spot coffee if need be with Vacaway Problem B Gone... Feel free to post bonnet w/ a bit of Snake Oil and Force Dry to prevent wicking. You can't lose!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom