COFFIE STAINS

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I had a couple coffie stains today on cut pile nylon. used some stain magic with some dwell time , tried some tannin remover and after it was all rinsed out I even tried a reducer with a heat transfer. I faded them alot but couldnt gettem out pissed me off big time! any recomendations?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Depending on the type of coffee, if its organic and what was added to it, if it was mainly pure coffee, you could try a stain magic type product. Oxidizers tend to work better on organic stains compared to reducers.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Just expoerimenting around a few times with stubborn coffee and tea we have had success with USR - apply and walk. If it moves it some, apply more the next day and walk. If it doesn't move it could be a situation where the custy tried it themselves and kindly set things - at that point we'd strip and dye the spot.

Rex Tyus

Was it decaf or regular? Often decaf has black dye in it. They can be much more difficult. I usually start with reducer or traditional coffee stain remover. Then oxidize if it is still visable. I am sure someone will tell me that is backwards. It may be but I have had the best results that way. Even with koolaid or other dye stains.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
The old-school regimen called for a reducing agent like sodium bisulfite (Coffee/Tannin stain remover).

However, since the vast majority of coffee stains these days either have artificial dyes, or are of unknown dye character, your best bet is to use an oxidizer like Stain Zone, Stain Magic. It will work on nearly all coffee types, albeit maybe a little more slowly on true virgin coffee, in which case either accelerate with a DCI light or rinse and switch to a reducer. If it's artificially dyed, the SM or SZ will work pretty quick.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom