Coit, Stanley, Zero Rez..

Mikey P

Administrator
Doom of the independent goober who cleans and communicates as poorly as most franchise techs.

Not every home owner wants a relationship with the carpet cleaner.

Some just want it clean and dried quickly.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
So what happens when SS sees their repeats going up?

Do you think they'll pocket the money not spent on advertising or possibly give the techs a raise so that they stick around, and buy homes and cars with long drawn out payments?

I'm confident that ya can take some of the market back from big CC and WC company by implementing both services at once. It could attract certain types people that those big companies wants to have.

Inviting national franchises to expose them and sell them the wears. How beneficial for the independent. Your too generous Mikey....have a T-shirt on us independents...

14177925-A517-49C9-ADB2-C8136A11DDA8.jpeg

So what happens when SS sees their repeats going up?

Do you think they'll pocket the money not spent on advertising or possibly give the techs a raise so that they stick around, and buy homes and cars with long drawn out payments?

Mike, I don't think they can do the 45 step process and remain profitable enough to give raises at their price point

..L.T.A.

That'll be nice if your prediction of educating the franchises to clean carpet better will help our industry by making people want to keep carpet, instead of throwing carpet away...but the only people I see benefitting from this are Erik, Tom, and Mark, reeling in some big accounts, and those franchises who're attending. Nothing wrong with that. There's plenty of business to go around. I'm glad they're growing with their specialty. It just seems a little fake that you're saying the whole industry is benefitting from this.

The only thing that'll benefit this industry TODAY, is if these franchises can talk Shaw and Mohawk into doing away with thin nap polyester

If Mikey'sFest has some sort of reasoning with them on that, then we'll all benefit. May the Fest be with you

The real reason people are throwing carpet away, is because today's poly is junk.

Last edited:
I've heard Either Interlink or Jondon (I can’t renember which one) talk about their relationship with Shaw on sending them new types of carpet to test to see how well it cleans. I don't know if the big dogs above have that kind of relationship...but if they do, then it might be time to start showing them how well their lightweight polycrap looks after a professional cleaning, compared to a lightweight nylon.

Bring Shaw and Mohawk to Mikey'sFest to inspect how well our updated education and technology cleans carpet, and give them some insight on pushing the carpet industry back into the market vs LVP. That'll show us all how this will be helping our industry.

Last edited:
I've worked for franchises, as well as very large independent, multi truck operations as a trainer, and found it enlightening. Just like with small companies, or people in general, there are "good-bad-in the middle" in all of them (and in all of us).

Were I still in a small cleaning business, I'd surely like to talk to these people casually for what I could learn. That doesn't have to be what you might learn technically or in the marketing arena; it can also include what their true daily experiences are with their customer base, what kind of conduct occurs on the job, expectations of both them and their customers, etc.

What you learn from unhappy customers who come to you isn't always a clear picture; you'll never hear from their happy customers. I wouldn't think any of us would want to be judged only by those we've disappointed in business, or in life.

Keeping "your friends close, and your enemies closer" works, not just in organized crime, but in the business world as a whole.