Coit's 40% off time of year????

Fred Homan

I saw a TV commercial today saying 40% off all of our services! And I thought.....40% OFF WHAT!!!!! :shock:

Chris A

Name
Chris
Fred Homan said:
I saw a TV commercial today saying 40% off all of our services! And I thought.....40% OFF WHAT!!!!! :shock:

You don't need to know that, just that it's 40% off something

Greenie

I thought they were 40% off every month....

exactly 40% off of what?

Ask Mikey to give the run down on the 40% hustle.

TimP

Sears does it too.....check the kenmore washer and dryers. They have 3 models to each one and show the lower featured one on the floor. They rotate all 3 so that they can legally have them on sale all year long, and substitute for what's available routinely.

Greenie

speaking of slasher sales and rotation, what is the law on loss leaders? How much and how long can you put something on a ridiculous sale?

free enterprise...forever?

TimP

as you know playstation 3's were sold at a loss to beat out the competition....in blu-ray and games.

I guess as long as you're willing to loose money you're welcome to it.

TimP

Suggested retail on mattresses is 100% mark up. In other words doubled if not more.....always room to mark em down to sell em.

Greenie

100% ain't nothing, betcha it's more like 300%, some of those high end beds are pricey!

Name
Nate W.
Greenie said:
100% ain't nothing, betcha it's more like 300%, some of those high end beds are pricey!

True that. I always wanted the tempurpedic bed. How's the bounce if you know what I mean? That's my only hold back.

TimP

whittcohawaii said:
Greenie said:

True that. I always wanted the tempurpedic bed. How's the bounce if you know what I mean? That's my only hold back.

Tempurpedic beds aren't so great. I did my research and bought latex foam from sleepez. It was like 1700-1800 bucks or something like that for a blended latex tallalay mattress. I bought the 8500 from them. And my back does so much better, wife sleeps better too. We absolutely love it. Plus latex is supposed to last way longer.

I say go with latex foam and not polyurethane.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
whittcohawaii said:
Greenie said:

I love our tempurpedic mattress! We bought it back in 2005 CA Queen. I payed a little over $2000.00

As far as how long it lasts- I don't know..It's been almost four years and I am a fairly big guy and no problems so far....

Name
Nate W.
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
whittcohawaii said:
Greenie said:

I love our tempurpedic mattress! We bought it back in 2005 CA Queen. I payed a little over $2000.00

As far as how long it lasts- I don't know..It's been almost four years and I am a fairly big guy and no problems so far....

What about the bounce? Getting down on it is all I care about more then a good nights sleep. My pops has a select comfort bed and it's ok if you ask me. They got it when it first came out and still lasts to this day.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
speaking of slasher sales and rotation, what is the law on loss leaders? How much and how long can you put something on a ridiculous sale?
Yup, forever. Most grocery stores lose money on Best Foods/Heilmanns's mayo, milk and other "staples" because they know these are items that people notice price. They hope that a $1.49 price on something that costs them $1.79 to buy gets you into the store and buying other products that are profitable. You're also right about some "club" promotions at stores like Safeway and Albertson's. Jack the price up, give the "club member" a big discount that ends up being a few cents or nothing off. If you aren't a club member and happen to need whatever is "on sale" you get gouged. At least COIT doesn't make you carry a card around.

The grocery store will claim they only make one percent profit on food sales, but they fail to mention that they sell prime shelf space, their warehouse takes the profit first or the building is rented from the company at a rate high enough to hide any profit from their unions.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It's amazing threads like this that keeps me coming back to Mikey's Board night after night.

Can we discuss the merits of Preparation H cream vs pellets tomorrow night?

Back
Top Bottom