Cold States ?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Mylar bubble wrap from Lowes.

Bob Savage also has some great pix of his insulation project. His workmanship is prettier than mine.

Name
I'm Rick James
I make sure there is no water in my whole system and use blankets. It doesnt get to cold her for very long.

Name
George Valliant
What product to you use to insulate your van? Damn Larry! Why don't you use some of that hot air comming out your ass and run a pipe through the drivers window. You dork. Get an oil heater, a heavy blanket and a long extenstion cord. The whole setup should cost less than $70 and take about 2 minutes to install. Good luck!

regards,

George

Name
George Valliant
You're a funny guy Larry! I like you. - Prozac, that's a good one. But, I don't do drugs anymore. I even avoid pharmacutical doctor prescribed drugs as much as possible. I think drug screening is good for employers. And, if you're f*cking around with dope you need to knock that shit off and get help asap. Serious.

I guess a little herb aint going to kill anyone but anything more could ruin your life and those around you.

I think you need to change your signature too. What if some impressionable kid read your signature and looked up to you. He might think it's ok to do drugs.

Name
R.J. Povio
bubble wrap will work

we use sheets of styrofoam (pink owens corning from home depot) about an 1 to 1.5 inches thick....with ferring strips....then peg board over that to make it neat and hold the insulation to the steel of the van....and you can run carpet over the peg board for additional insulation.

you can have foam insulation sprayed on too

we keep our vans in a heated garage...but do the insulation if the trucks sit out side while not at the shop

even if you insulate the van....it will still freeze inside with out additional heat...the insulation will just keep it warmer longer and hold in whatever heat is in the van

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
I recommend using a wrap like this
6383442.jpg

It works rather well for some of my customers up at the lake. They put it on the ceiling and walls and it works well.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Thanks guys. The only bay at the shop left open is unheated so I am wanting to insulate the van and just run a small heater inside it this winter. The van will be indoors so if I insulate it wont take much to keep the inside warm.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i did the pink, then fiber board over it...

then use a 1500 watt heater...works ok, my bill goes up about $50 or so in the winter....but then again i am heating 2 vehicles.

my van has carpet all over inside and that acts as a insulator..

100_2002.jpg

Larry, I live in Pittsburgh, I run one ceramic heater in the truck on anything down to 25 degrees. I do not insulate anything. When it goes below 25 degrees, I run a second ceramic heater out the rear doors of the van. This works well for me. Also you can buy the thermometers from radio shack. Put the sensor on the floor of the truck, but the main unit in your house/office to monitor temps thru out winter. I buy new heaters each year. I remove any turbos ,upholstery tools, etc. each night after cleaning. The pain is plugging,unplugging all winter long. You get the hang of it real quick. Its a gotta do it thing. Ron

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I do what ron does but it costs me about $150-250 a month

steve r

my problem is driving to the jobs,i have to make sure the qds arent near any doors or they freeze by the time i get there.same with the wand.and i dont insulate just a space heater and park in the garage.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yeah I do the same thing with the radio shack thermometer .

I put it under the pump and it transmits the signal inside.

My garage is at least ten degrees warmer than outside and I put a ceramic heater in.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
If our customers want their van insulated we have a local insulation company spray foam on the sides and then panel the inside. I have pics on my computer at work. I'll try and get them posted tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom