Colective encapsulating wisdom wanted

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
O wise ones:

1) How well does encapsulating pre-spray, followed by a regular 175 bonnet machine using green and white bonnet pad, work?

2) Does it work any better than the regular bonnet pre-spray?

Thanks in advance and happy carpet cleaning to all.

DevilDog

Hold on! Wise one is all you need to say.

Depends on what pre-spray you are using.

Steve Smith makes a good one. Releasit is good.

The thick bonnets are useless when it comes to padding. Get the real good high quality thin ones and rock your world. Much better results, fast, and you actually get a fair amount of soil out.

You can also use a red scrubbing pad and get very good appearance results.

DevilDog

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thanks for the replies so far.
Does the encapsulating actually work better then just the regular bonnet pre-spray?
Do you visually see a difference?
Does it stay clean longer?
Thanks

Fred Geyen

You sound like a guy who has done this all many times before and I see your profile says 18 years in the business.

My advise to keep your head clear on what Encap is and is not would be to look at Encap as "Shampoo on Steroids". What ever you could do with any of the Bonnet Cleaners or Shampoos you can do with Ecap. Each product can make the Carpet "look cleaner".

With Encap you enjoy the added benefit of having a product that drys to a true solid or better yet actually shrinks as it drys. Clean with Encap the way you always did but now you are not hurting the carpet with any potential re-soil. Appearance results are similar to the older style products.

From this point on be careful of the claims you hear. The intentions are good but the added claims for Encap are mostly unproven. The largest claims being that it vac's out of the carpet and that it Encapsulates "all the Dirt" in a carpet then simply vacuums away.

Rex Tyus

Thanks for the replies so far.
Does the encapsulating actually work better then just the regular bonnet pre-spray?
Do you visually see a difference?
Does it stay clean longer?
Thanks

No
No
Change to ...look clean longer, then yes.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thanks for the replies.

Yes I have done bonnet many times. Mostly though I do steam cleaning.
Never used encapsulating and reluctant to buy an en-cap machine unless it is absolutely necessary. (Like everybody else here I have my little collection of useless carpet cleaning gadgets collecting dust in the garage.) So I'd like to know if it works well with a regular floor machine.

Also trying to find out if using the encapsulation pre- spray actually achieves better results. I have used products like soap free and others as my bonnet pre-spray and results were pretty good and carpet did not re-soil.

I guess I am an old dog trying to keep an open mind and learn new tricks here. So, if using encapsulation can achieve better results and people who used both find it to be better, I'll give it a shot. No better place to learn than here.
And if I am reading you right, It sounds like you find it to be better.

Right

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The point that I did not see stated - What type of carpet is involved. While encap may work on many carpets, its real niche is commercial glue down carpet. If we limit answers to cleaning commercial glue down and compared to pad cleaning with a product that is not an encap -

Encap with a pad both removes soil directly into the pad and encapsulates what remains. Yes, I think the final result is better with an encap prespray than standard bonnet cleaning.

You will see visible results. It will LOOK cleaner longer than pad cleaning.

The thinner pads seem to work better. The pads with polyester strip are more aggressive and usually help improve the appearance when compared to thick cotton or blend pads.

Scott Warrington

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
kolfer;

The Concept of "encapsulation cleaning" is keep the carpet at a high appearance level for as long as possible.

The chemistry was developed by DuPont many years ago and has been refined by polymer chemists to coat the "fiber" with a soil resistant coating.

When vacuumed, this coating releases soil better than steam-cleaned carpet.

The Green & White pads are not ideal for encapping.

I would use the newest microfiber pads for better adsorption with your 175 RPM machine:
bonnetmfsm.jpg

Larry Cobb
Mikey Board Supporting Member

Tile Nerd

No pads required for commercial glue downs. Prevac and encap with a fiber pad. Haven't been encapping long but it has worked great for me and is staying clean without the aggravation of washing pads. Wear the fiber pad out and replace it.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
dump the green strip bonnets, they don't remove soil like a thin pad does

the biggest problem I had with using a regular bonnet cleaner was that when you went to HWE clean the carpet at a later date, there was a foam problem plugging up the vacuum hose

generally speaking, encap products don't foam up when rinsed from the carpet

I like that bonnet Larry. I have some blue micro fiber bonnets but they don't have the stripes, tell me about that bonnet

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Kolfer, you don't need an "encRap machine"

you already have one if you own a rotary.

The only "bonnet cleaning" solution I have any experience with is Argosheen.
Truthfully though, I don't have much experience with that juice.

I have used several of the encRap sCampoos though.
Personally, I prefer to bonnet clean with them.
Does it make a difference?
I really don't know, but it makes me "feel" better 'cause all the soup salesmen tell us it has magic pixie dust in it.

it's easy enough to try out some different bonnets and encRap juices to see the results for yourself.
It's not like it's a major expense for a couple different bonnets and gal of juice

..L.T.A.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Steve;

It replaced the all-blue microfiber types, which were too spongy.

It scrubs better, and looks to be more durable in the laundry.

It could even help that Vortex.

Larry Cobb

Tile Nerd

Shouldn't have foaming problem if the product is good.

Larry, are you manufacturing those pads? How thick is it?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom