Collapsible Garden Hoses

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Would save room in the van and time winding up conventional hoses. Are they durable? Will they hold pressure?

Right, Al.

Anybody know of a heavier duty hose of this type?

Much obliged.

Last edited:

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
I use 100 ft Goodyear garden hose on a reel. But I have two 50 foot collapsible hoses tucked away for when 100 ft isn't enough. I don't know how reliable they are because I've only needed them a couple times.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Just a quick look at the lousy plastic parts they use at the connecting ends, will answer your question.

Cheap. Cheapy. Cheaply made hose!

Makes you angry when they use parts that you know and they know, will break super quickly.

Last edited:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I used the collapable hose for a while, it eventually starts leaking, saves space, but only last about 3 months with some use on the tm.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
We had 2 of the green pocket hoses blow up in the last two days. What seems like a good idea has turned into a waste of money. They lasted 2-3 months maybe hasn't been that long that we have been using them. Don't trust them for your business we won't be buying anymore for the house.

J

JS41035

Put 50 foot of 3/8 airline on a orange hose reel. Buy the water hose fittings.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Any links for the hose, Justin?

Also, does it lay flat? We run across the sidewalk and can't afford a hose that is not laying flat, goes all over or has a mind of its own.

Thanks

Last edited:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Justin,
I remember you saying that you put your lead solution line on a real. Can you attach a picture or link to show what you are using? Thanks!

The Clean Machine

Name
I'm Rick James
Does anyone know of the garden hose that the same diameter as a air hose but much more durable?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I don't even know what that brand that orange hose is...It came with my CDS 12 years ago...

5_zpsc87646dc.jpg

I used it on the Vortex and now on the thermalwave...and it is still not showing signs of and wear....

IMG_5328_zps5b2f5c8a.jpg

J

JS41035

Justin,
I remember you saying that you put your lead solution line on a real. Can you attach a picture or link to show what you are using? Thanks!

The Clean Machine

View attachment 4954
You can carry 100' to the farthest point and go back. I grab a 100' reel, hydroforce and wand. In one trip. The thin raptor blast hose works great. You can do the same thing with airhose in 50 foot sections for a supply hose.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
I have been wondering about the hose with the brass fittings, has anyone tried them?

I bought one with brass fittings at the hardware store and put it out in the front yard. It lasted about 2 months or so and broke at the faucet end. The inner hose just split right at the connection. I took it back and they replaced it. So far so good and while it has pros and cons I'm not that turned on by it that I'd ever buy another.

Reactions: dealtimeman

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
I use the XHOSE as a replacement drain hose for my RotoVac CFX extractor. It has an outer covering that hides the cruddy residue that the originally supplied hose showed after a short time. As mentioned, it takes up far less space in the mesh bag that I use to transport the supplied hoses for the unit. Longevity is yet to be determined.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
we can make up any size water hose you want. From 1/2-1" but most people buy 5/8" for water and 1" for dump. Don't buy cheap the water police don't care if the water running down the street is from your truckmount or a leaky hose. They will write you a ticket if Miss Busybody calls and complains

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
I use the XHOSE as a replacement drain hose for my RotoVac CFX extractor. It has an outer covering that hides the cruddy residue that the originally supplied hose showed after a short time. As mentioned, it takes up far less space in the mesh bag that I use to transport the supplied hoses for the unit. Longevity is yet to be determined.

I just checked and mine is the XHOSE pro. First one failed in around 2-3 months. The replacement is probably about that old now too so I'm waiting to see if the first one was just a faulty one.

I'm using mine just as a regular hose in the front yard. The biggest thing I do not like about it is that unless you put a nozzle on it to keep pressure in it at all times it wants to start shrinking back the moment you release any water. Even with a nozzle, when you start spraying out "equal" amount of water that's coming into the hose it shrinks. It needs constant positive pressure to stay spread out. If you just open the faucet and have nothing on the end of the hose it really won't lengthen out much.

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
I use mine mostly for the asthetics of it. The supplied hose with the CFX looked horrible on the inside, even with regular clean-water rinse at the end of the jobs. I like the XHOSE because it packs smaller and looks neater.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom