Colldest weather you've cleaned in?

Mike Draper

It's going to be fall next week and winter is on it's way. What is the coldest temperature you have worked in. I went out when it was 5 deg. once, I think the water temp at the wand was probably 70 degrees.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
-5 had to drive to the restaurant at 7 am. using 4 wheel drive. wouldnt have made it without 4 by 4.

ErikG

5 Degrees -30 windchill In windy city Chicago . But my porty was inside

John Watson

We would shut her down when she hit 20 below, Had resturant contracts that we gauaranteed we would be there come flood or High water unless it hit 20 below. Up to 5 men on the truck, Wand never stopped we moved tables and chairs.

Only happens 3 -4 times a winter

MikeD00019

-8 one morning. thank god it was an empty house and nobody was there to complain about tracking in snow.

Name
Nate W.
About 60 degrees. God I love it here. I don't know how you guys do it, a lot of props to you cold weather guys. :mrgreen:

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
-20 with a hundred foot of hose on the ground, only made it 30 minutes and froze the vac hose solid(1.5 on a white magic junk). I couldn't get the hose to roll up on the real. Stuffed everything in the van and went home to get warm. Know under 0, I don't go out.

Name
Bruce
I'm right around the -5 to - 6 . Only had the solution line freeze twice and the vac hose freeze up once. I stuck the end of the vac hose over the heating register and melted all the ice.

Fred Homan

You guys need to put a split foam insulation over your solution line from the TM to the door tight together. Problem solved. I hope you have a port hole to put the line through. Then just shut your door. It works!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
January about 4 years ago. One of the coldest days in Minnesota. schools closed by the govenor. -70 below with the windchill (wish I could recall the acutal temp but trust me, cold!) You could throw a cup of boiling water into the air and it would evaporate instantly. Very dangerous to be out. I had a customer who just had to have it done because house was sold and people moving in by weekend. Just make sure the water line is good and heated up before heading to the door and don't stop cleaning! This is cleaning in the North!

Mark

John Watson

Fred, we did that and still froze at the QC's. We just would carry extra sets of hoses both vac and pressure. We had cube vans and lots of room. we also were using the SW PowerMatic and used the upgraded 110 V generator on it to keep the back of the vans from freezing and to thaw the other sets of hoses while we cleaned. Had 3 resturants to clean after midnight starts.. Never again!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom