College Cleaning

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So I get Bid for a college not to far from me. Huge job. They want it done in 2 weeks and there is carpet, vct, lino and upholstery. tooo much too little time frame even if I had 4 vans.

So any one ever undertake one of there crazy big jobs and hire subs or just do one of them in such a short time??

Thank You

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
we've been in similar situations with student rentals.

I'm just a one truck schmuck too.

we lost one of the largest accounts 6-7 years ago, and several others have replaced carpet with laminate flooring in most of their units.
so it hasn't been the fast and furious nightmare it's been in the past.

but what we did when faced with the daunting task of getting it all done on time.

I rounded up some extra manpower for the two weeks of madness and blew the dust off the porty.
That took a large load off by having two crews hopping.

I also ran the more productive TM two shifts with two crews rather than burn out one crew with 16-18 hour days in the heat of August

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Louis said:
So I get Bid for a college not to far from me. Huge job. They want it done in 2 weeks and there is carpet, vct, lino and upholstery. tooo much too little time frame even if I had 4 vans.

So any one ever undertake one of there crazy big jobs and hire subs or just do one of them in such a short time??

Thank You

Call every decent carpet cleaner you know and offer a cut.
Don't lose the job when you have resources in your area.
I would never say no to a job just because it is too big...I might say no if it didn't make enough money...and I have.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Sub out everything except the carpet cleaning. All that stuff will take you away from the gravy and slow you down. The gravy is the carpet. Go after it. If you can get some extra TM's have some guys from here and fly them out to help you out.` THen start the Hackfest.

Golden Boy

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
They said one company did it all. Can only work from 6:30 to 4 pm and have 11 days to do it.
103000 sf of carpet 26k of vct and they want it taped off 1800 chairs, 164 sofas. never bid on something this size

Sounds like they need to get other bids to make it fair but are going to use the same guys. I'm still going to look and see if I can do it and if not I will be planning the attack for next year. They only gave me less than a week to bid the job. I guess they had no takers.

All the guys I know carry no insurance and they want 1m workers comp that I don't have cuz I'm just a o/o bdcc.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I didn't see that you are in Modesto.
I'm just a hop and a skip away.

How much money are you willing to give up for me and a few guys to come down?

Pm me.

BUSY BEE

Brian Robison said:
I didn't see that you are in Modesto.
I'm just a hop and a skip away.

How much money are you willing to give up for me and a few guys to come down?

Pm me.
UC Davis turns coming up soon

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Louis said:
They said one company did it all. Can only work from 6:30 to 4 pm and have 11 days to do it.
103000 sf of carpet quote]

Bruce Little from WA would do that in 2 nights with 6 cimex's. If you don't own a cimex call all your suppliers and ask if they rent them if not ask them who they know would rent or sell you one. Call those guys up and see if they would rent it to you. Call your competitors and do the same thing. As some have mentioned you can get helpers to give you a hand and save you a buttload of $. I'd sub out the vct if you don't have the equip for it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom