color seal awesomness.

Mikey P

Administrator
now that we've done hundreds of Color Seal jobs they are finally starting to call back for a cleaning.

It salways a piece of cake, neutral ph prespray, light scrub in the heavy areas and a Ti Wand rinse..

Still looks "perfect"

20120925_115226_zpse762ddcf.jpg

20120925_115232_zps538ae01c.jpg

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Man that sound good Mikey. I find color sealing such a PITA. Can you please tell me exactly the products as well as the method and steps you do. And what is a fair price range. I have used This Old Grout in the past. I find the color seal just wipes out of most grout joints even after allowing the proper setup time. So then you wait to long and you have to scrub it off by hand do to the color on the edges or bevel. Seems some grout just won't even accept it either. I don't mean unsanded grout either. I'm just trying to find the best as well as easiest way and you seem to love it and have it fine tuned. Thanks

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
tog needs to dry for hours before you can wipe it off the tIle.

Grout Perfect can be wiped off in seconds..

Two to three bucks a foist depending in volume.

Call me some time for mire details

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Man that sound good Mikey. I find color sealing such a PITA. Can you please tell me exactly the products as well as the method and steps you do. And what is a fair price range. I have used This Old Grout in the past. I find the color seal just wipes out of most grout joints even after allowing the proper setup time. So then you wait to long and you have to scrub it off by hand do to the color on the edges or bevel. Seems some grout just won't even accept it either. I don't mean unsanded grout either. I'm just trying to find the best as well as easiest way and you seem to love it and have it fine tuned. Thanks

It is a great niche service Bill, i would watch the instructional videos or go to youtube. All about timing and using the chamois, takes some practice.
Most of our jobs are bathroom floors in the $250-$300 range, have not had a big one in a while.

Groutperfect and colorclad are good.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Do you ever use Turbo when you re-clean? Have you done many shower or bath areas and have you ever had issues w/ sealer peeling?

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
It is good to see that when you apply color sealer correctly it stays on. Every time I clean T&G that has color sealer, it peels. I think people around here just color seal without a good cleaning first.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Man, thanks Mikey & Shane for the tips. We've done them but I have not enjoyed them like Mikey seems to so much. May e it's simply the product that we were using. I will take you up on the call sometime Mikey. Thanks guys.

Shane, nice to see you on here Bro. Hope all is well in Upstate

Mikey P

Administrator
Do you ever use Turbo when you re-clean? Have you done many shower or bath areas and have you ever had issues w/ sealer peeling?

Never seen the need for that much pressure.

A hard floor or glided wand works just fine

But I suppose you could if your Turbo spins at 500 psi..

Mikey P

Administrator
If the grout has been acid cleaned and ZERO (topical)residue is present applying Grout Perfect is pretty darn easy..

Can be rough on the back and shoulders on big jobs but kitchens and baths are no big deal at all.

as for durability, if the product does not attached upon contact and you have to fudge it on, being careful to wipe around the grout line or applying two coats, you can pretty much count on it peeling of flaking off at some point.

Just try and get GP off a well applied scenario

takes gel base paint strippers to budge it.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
What's your clean up for haze? what are you using Mike just watched the video, got the salesman kit.

They had a oreck orbital cleaner with a white pad then clipped a terry towel to the bottom of it and buffed, what do You do?

I have a 13 inch hild. with a block and a carpet brush
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I get the odd job now and then to clean grout haze. I pump spray pure white vinegar on the tile 10 min. dwell lightly agitate with a deck brush, then use cotton towels to remove then rinse. Don't know if this is a text book method but it works great for me.

Name
cameron demille
After color sealing, I spray MR Clean and buff with a tan pad. White pads work, but may not be aggressive enough. Hog's hair pads work really well, but you have to be careful. If you hit a dry spot or work it too much it can affect the glaze of the tile. I have had to refinish porcelain on more than one occasion.

If you have gnarly color seal to remove, use Acetone and a terry cloth towel. Or a white pad under a floor buffer.

Last edited:

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
we use a white pad with a 35 lb drive plate spritzing easy oxy or other neutral cleaners works great as well, except for those high groutlines that need touching up

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom