Color Seal Question

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
I've probably only done about 20 or so color seal jobs. I usually enjoy them, but today this one sucked big time. 90% of this grout was even or just a hair below the tile. I usually wipe off the excess sealer off of the tile pretty quickly but I couldn't today because the sealer on the grout would come off too. Then I waited a while for the sealer to dry a little and tried to get off excess, what a pita. Is there a better way to do this?

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
That's what I thought. After today, no mas. I did warn the customer about it wearing off.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I hate those as well, we've all been there.

Speaking of Color sealing, I did a job (carpet) for a repeat who we color sealed both her kitchen and bar/fitness room almost 2.5-3 years ago, they had some construction done even a small leak from a wine bar, lady said it sat for at least 24 hours on the grout, I asked to take a look to see how it looks, and whaddayaknow, it still looks like the first day I sealed it, looked brand new! That was a GP malibu sand job.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I was in Lowe's Home improvement store the other day.

Noticed they now carry colored grout sealant and applicator bottles w the roller tip.

Only a few colors to choose from.

$14 for what looked like a half pint.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom