Color Seal ?

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
I have a customer that had her grout "painted" nine years ago, the grout lines look really good, but the tile is dirty. At what PSI should I clean this tile as not to damage or remove the color. And should i worry about the PH of the cleaner? Thank You for your answers. Luis

Mikey P

Administrator
A hot neutral or mildly alkaline detergent, some dwell time, maybe a swipe or two with a soft brush and 600 psi will make you a hero.

Name
Ron lippold
I just did a counter top that was a dirty grey i told them it should clean up well and it did it turned brown i asked when they had it colored sealed and they said 5 years ago. they had extra grey and i told them to get after it.

Tile Nerd

Luis Gomez said:
I have a customer that had her grout "painted" nine years ago, the grout lines look really good, but the tile is dirty. At what PSI should I clean this tile as not to damage or remove the color. And should i worry about the PH of the cleaner? Thank You for your answers. Luis

I would mix This Old Grout's "Stone Prep" according to the "light" mix, dwell and rinse around 800 psi. No scrubbing required. In fact, I can't remember the last time I scrubbed a grout line even on a restoration cleaning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom