color spectum, uv inspection

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Job yesterday.. make ready for sale. VERY upscale condo. "upper crust' very nice.
One room, white, or very close to it, nylon, good quality, not long but dense thick pile.
Pet issue ,, and, that is putting it mildly. Owner totally realistic. Just trying to make better for show. told her unrealistic to remediate, way too much, and cost too much for the small area. And nooo way!!! tooooo much.
Again, she totally understood , and realistic.

Contamination, totally apparent visually. No need for UV light inspection. Yellow,spots, soiling from the dirt sticking etc. , and while on my hands and knees talking with her, inadvetantly placed my hand on a still wet spot!!! Wiht the offending pooch looking on!! LOL!@ But, did UV , just to see. Uncountable spots throughout.
However, not the usual yellowish hue, but a blueish.
I might add, no smell whatsoever. Even nose to face of carpet. Were it not for the slight telltale yellow(and not that bad) and obvious dirty spots, more like a sugary drink spill(very bad) would be none the wiser.
She did tell me that she uses a product regularly , attempting to remediate on her own .
Like I said, spots were blueish, not yellow.
wonder what she used. ??? Something she got specific for urine she said. Worked, on the smell, and mostly on yellow staining. Just left a sticky dirt attraction residue. Too Bad.

20230406_145052.jpg 20230406_145100.jpg 20230406_145124.jpg

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Laundry detergent
While on your hands and knees do a lick test to make sure it is urine or candy : )
I knew I could count on you!!!:biggrin: :icon_razz:

I had considered asking for leniency, but then I would be missing out . where's the fun in that!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Those spots look like they’ve already been treated or it’s laundry detergent like Jimmy said. Just give it a good cleaning. It’ll look good

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
That much I realize. obviously some other cleaning agent.
no smell whatsoever. I am used to people covering up.. The nose always gives it away. , But, not in this case.
cleaned topically, looked ok, BUT, I know they will wick back. Any moisture added with result in the dirt( in this case old urine) wicking up from below.

And, as I said, she totally understands.

I brought her in , showed the spots under UV , explained to her all of this. . blue. vs. yellow, and told her I was curious as to what product she had used.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
This calls for a post on all types of laundry detergents on one rug . To see if certain ones glow more or less or specific hues of color left behind...Information leads to success...

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Some products use optical brighteners to help hide stains. The brightener ages and turns yellow, but glows red/purple/blue under UV light. You can't get it out.

She should stop using that product.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
This MAY be what she had used,,, and liberally! Only because I remember her telling me that Pee was in the name of the stuff...
And she told me it was $50 something a gallon.

i did leave her a bottle of Bridgepoint Urine odor and stain remover.
something, that normally I would not do
in case she wanted to topically treat any yellow that may return

And, explained what it is, and what it does, as well as what it does if you get it on you skin.!!
along with an empty jug so she had access to information.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom