Combineing methods

kevinj61

Does anybody combine cleaning methods and if so which ones and how--we got HWE--Encap--the OP thing--and using the crb machines with that dry compound stuff--I currently have a Mytee M5--Mytee hot turbo heater--Rotovac 360i with standard head that came with it and also the carpet brush head and i also have a 175 with carpet brush and a mounted 4gal solution tank--I was thinking--pre vac ( always of course) then crb machine with dry compound stuff--then another vac--then HWE with good rinse solution only to finish up, would not leave carpets to wet and would dry quickly and would be able to extract everything out including any left over dry compound stuff that may have gotten left behind what are you r thoughts about this method or maybe some other combination

ascrubabove

I think the latest craze is pre-vac, pre-spray, 175 the traffic areas or crb, HWE, then post pad! I think I would have to charge $0.99 a sqft to do all that !gotcha!

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I like your motivation, but that would be overkill.
The time involved to do that many steps in one room, none the less several rooms, would seriously thin out your profits unless you adopted the Danielc method of bidding jobs higher and higher from your couch.
As far as the dry compound, I have personally never used it, but I believe it is a spongy super absorbent material that would make more of a mess if you don't get it all out, which takes "Wernering" it. If you don't take the time to make sure it is all out, you'll have a nice mess if you follow it with HWE. You should also never assume your dry times will always be the same.

Name
I'm Rick James
Hope you are getting .99 a sqft..thats a lot of work to clean carpets. To save time may just want to get a TM.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
You definitely need to think about your production rate as well as quality control. I used to just pre-spray and extract and would get 1000+ sq ft per hour. Now I pre-vac, pre-scrub and post pad if it’s commercial. It cut the production rate in half but I have a steady flow of repeat and referral work. If you really want to knock jobs out of the park you might take a look at an used RX-20 because you can scrub, extract and post pad with one tool.

Step up to a trcukmount when you can and don't add anything to your processs that requires yet another power cord or trip form the van.

kevinj61

Thanks to everyone for your feedback, i'm not actually doing the method i described above it was just a thought, i know there are guys who combine different methods--guess as long as it is not to time consuming and results are really great that you over cust for life and get refereals out the u know what--just trying to do the best i can and don't mind to experiment every know and then, i like to think outside the box

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Heat, Time, Agitation, Solution

Less of one means more of the other.....Didn't we all learn this in the 1st grade?

If you are doing all those steps, you are doing too little of each.

Vac, spray, extract while scrubbing......No heat and very little time.....some solution and a good amount of agitation.

Nowhere does it say HOW you get the dirt out...just what it takes to do it.

kevinj61

pre vac ( always of course) then crb machine with dry compound stuff You don't heat the dry compoud)--then another vac--then ( "HWE" ) "this is where heat comes in" with good rinse solution only to finish up,

when the dry compound is taken out this is where most if not all the dirt comes out and last step is HWE of course with a cleaning solution in the extractor and i do use heat provided by external heater so what do you not understand

so what we have here is a pre vac-- normal 1st step everyone should be doing
applying dry compound to carpet ( instead of pre spraying i'm applying dry cleaning stuff, so so far no extra step here) that gets worked in and carpet getting plenty of good agitation at the same time with the crb machine, ( now i'm agitating, still no extra step)
then following up as normal with extractor so no extra steps using heat, agitation, and chems--i don't believe the dry cleaning stuff needs dwell time but can always give it some There's your pie keep in mind this is HWE with a twist may work may not, my point is don't be afraid to think outside the box nothing wrong with what the IICRC teaches but there's more than one way to skin a cat (clean a carpet) alot of guys do different things and combine different methods with great results it's ok to get a little creative out there and try different things as long as results are good and cust is happy and of course you don't ruin anyones carpet in the process

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
ascrubabove said:
I think the latest craze is pre-vac, pre-spray, 175 the traffic areas or crb, HWE, then post pad! I think I would have to charge $0.99 a sqft to do all that !gotcha!

If I may add: You forgot pre and post fluff, acid rinse and forced drying with one of them 'helicopter' fans :p

Kevin, just get the damn thing clean. It ain't brain surgery as they seem to suggest.

And as long as you don't join GroupOn, you may not need to resort to 'Brian Robinson' like cleaning :oops:

Off course you may still choose to go underground and do 'live stock' or 'vermin and pestilence' cleaning like Waldo..........

But that is a whole new subject.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
On thrashed carpets I like to pre spray, agitate with a host machine then HWE with a TM. fast and effective.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom