Comeback?

Anyone here make a comebck from rotator cuff surgery to wand full time again? Going under the knife next thursday and must say I'm a little worried! Don't want to sit in the office while someone else is out doing the work. I love what I do for a living and would really miss it!!!

T

The Magician

Aaron good luck with your surgery. I have had many friends who had that surgery and had full recovery. Good luck. Don't throw any 98 mph fast ball pitches and you will be fine. :D

Thanks, guys! As long as I can still play with the kiddo's, push a wand, and cast a fishin' pole I'll be a happy man! I've been putting it off for a while now, but the pain is really starting to be a bitch!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
admiralclean said:

Yeah no shit. My last shoulder injury came after cleaning a 10,000 sf office with an unglided wand. Took 9 months to heal (no surgery). Couldn't do military presses with my right arm with anything but very low weight. Orderd a GG and let my injury heal. I mostly cleaned with the other arm. I can't even remember what the pain felt like now. That was a few years ago.

Greenie

Just another example of Medical Need. After the surgery I would show your Dr. your glided wand, and explain to him how it makes earning a living possible, I would get that documented. Dr's recommedations show well in court "if" such a situation would ever arise.

I recall the old GG tag line, "saving backs, one glide at a time".
Maybe it should have read Shoulders too...lol

I use a greenhorn with a hybrid glide so that's not the problem. Thanks for the offer, though, Lisa! Think I just let it go too long. I have a RDM I can use if I need to, but prefer the GH any day! I also switch to southpaw when I need to, I'm just not very gracefull at it. Guess I'll have to learn to switch off more often. Just wondering if anyone else had the surgery and returned to wanding full time. Thank god its winter, I'll have plenty of time for recovery/rehab before the spring rush rolls around!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom