Commercial bid idea -- People Counter -- Anyone tried this?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
As I lean more and more towards maintenance and get away from bidding per cleaning I find everything goes well except for one thing. Building managers and restaurant owners are not realistic about the amount of traffic in their building. Therefore they are not realistic about the frequency they need. This ends up coming back on me. I have a place right now that probably gets 2000-2500 foot traffics daily and wants quarterly cleanings because they only believe that they get 350 foot traffics a day because that's how many latte's they sell.

Anyway, I got the idea of putting a people counter on the door of a place I am bidding for maintenance. Sell it as a free evaluation service. Then when I submit the bid, I can submit the traffic data, a brief explanation of what a foot traffic is, my guess of what their actual foot traffic number is, reference the IICRC S100 guide and submit the proper maintenance schedule for their exact conditions. Give them the restorative cleaning at cost in exchange for them getting on my maintenance schedule. If the data is halfway reliable the program should work perfectly, and if they choose to ignore it they have the price of the restorative cleaning and can pay full price for it when it comes due.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Sounds like a great idea to me.

For a few large accounts, I actually hired someone to count traffic. (Many years ago.) Knowing the traffic count and translating that to a suggested cleaning frequency was a helpful sales tool for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom