Commercial bid with yearly cleaning....?

Name
I'm Rick James
I am finalizing a bid for a large commercial account. They want me to come back 3 times a year to do various rooms throughout their 2 building. This is a Electrical school and they earn their money from the students that attend.

The first initial clean is almost 4 grand and the yearly clean is 6 grand as it stand right now. As far as payment what I was thinking is IF they sign a contract I can let them do quarterly payments of approx $2000 or pay as they go.

Whats your experience?

I have little concern about being under bidded because the relationship I built with the decision maker for this account. They have been burned by splash and dash companies and realize the benefit of quality work for a fair price.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Get paid on the initial clean....!!!!!!!!!

Then give them they...OPTION...to call you back as needed...!

Give them a "Square footage" ...price for the areas they will need touched -up.!
just let them know that they need a "minimum" 0f $250.00...to come out..!

A "signed contract"...is USELESS in this Biz...!!!
If they are happy with your service....They will call you back... :idea:

This form of pricing ...can turn your $8k. contract into a $10k contract.... 8)
They are more likely to call you "more than less"..just stay in-touch..!!!

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Harpers right. Contracts don't mean shit to them. Get paid up front for the cleanings- you'll be better off and so will they.

Right now I have 14K on accounts receivable because commercial accounts LOVE to put your invoice on the bottom of the stack. It makes it much more work for me to be making calls etc. Don't want to be a collection agency!

Amazing

Ben, Did you still offer financing for residential carpet cleaning?

Personaly I'd bill as you clean.

Name
I'm Rick James
HARPER said:
Get paid on the initial clean....!!!!!!!!!

Then give them they...OPTION...to call you back as needed...!

Give them a "Square footage" ...price for the areas they will need touched -up.!
just let them know that they need a "minimum" 0f $250.00...to come out..!

A "signed contract"...is USELESS in this Biz...!!!
If they are happy with your service....They will call you back... :idea:

This form of pricing ...can turn your $8k. contract into a $10k contract.... 8)
They are more likely to call you "more than less"..just stay in-touch..!!!

Thanks harp, they requested a yearly plan and already want to schedule the cleaning. Its good to know to not waste my time with a contract.

Name
I'm Rick James
bensurdi said:
Harpers right. Contracts don't mean shit to them. Get paid up front for the cleanings- you'll be better off and so will they.

Right now I have 14K on accounts receivable because commercial accounts LOVE to put your invoice on the bottom of the stack. It makes it much more work for me to be making calls etc. Don't want to be a collection agency!

Dont put yourself in that position, make mor of an effort securing the invoice amount. When ever I bill, I always discuss and have on the invoice how, when and where the invoice amount will get to me. I structure it so they cant flake off on me.

14 grand in unpaid invoices is not acceptable for me, you need to get on the phone and get your money. Please tell us you dont continue to clean if an account is overdue. ?

Mike Draper

we always expect to be paid within 30 days just like all my vendors do. if someone is late by a week or so well keep cleaning for them. 3rd strike and we fire them. if they are a month overdue on the first one, we never do business with them again a unless they can pay us that day..........................of course that would never happen with commercial clients who dont have the money.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I would never let a client be call us when you need us~ sorry Harpman. I would be calling them every month to see if there are areas to be done as well as having them on for your quarterly or whatever cleaning. You can do this while on the road or during your office time, but do not let it be up to them to call you. We are an unimportant nuisance in the life of most businesses~ BE PROACTIVE!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Brent, I would give them the deal you mentioned with a clause of "more cleaning = more money".
Don't just settle on the amount because surely they will pull the "can you throw this in" crap and you will lose money over time.

But like Ken said, you wait for them to call you and they will have already been called by someone else.
Don't let that opportunity turn into someone elses.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ken Snow said:
I would never let a client be call us when you need us~ sorry Harpman. I would be calling them every month to see if there are areas to be done as well as having them on for your quarterly or whatever cleaning. You can do this while on the road or during your office time, but do not let it be up to them to call you. We are an unimportant nuisance in the life of most businesses~ BE PROACTIVE!

KeNNY...

READ THE POST... :roll: ..........................."Just Stay in Touch.".... :shock:

We don't have to "FEED" the mOnStEr...you have CHOOSEN to live with.."OvErHeAd". :idea:

We don't choose to be in our client's FACE...every 3 day's...BeGGinG...for the OPTION...
EXTRACT a little MORE REVENUE... :shock:

We make IT..quick & eAsY..."Just like RiPPING a baNdAiD OFF".... :p

We CHARGE enough the FIRST time we clean... :lol:

PRO-ACTIVE....can become very ANNOYING...."In the BlinK-oF-tHE-EyE".... !gotcha!

COMMERCIAL clients...Get a FREE bottle of SPOTTER..."HAND DELIVERED"...if we have
"NOT" heard from them in 3 months... :idea: :idea: :idea: If they have NEED of service.:?:
We will BOOK-IT on the SPOT..."punn intended"...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Harper it's amazing you're still in business.
You talk about keeping your overhead low then I see the mongo truck with the lady making out with the dog. Not sure how they do it in your neck of the woods but we try to keep the beastiality thing on the down low. lol..... Ivebeensold :shock:

I'm hearing banjo's as I type this.

Place these at will

:shock:
Ivebeensold
:roll:
:?:
:idea:
:lol:
!dork!
:oops:
Iseeru
:|
:mrgreen:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
mArY...

It is NOT that HARD... :idea:

Buy LOW.....Sell HIGH...... !gotcha!

It is called ..pRoFiT... :roll:

Ps...It also HELPS...if you Don't have to BUY...every customer you CLEAN... :oops:

OH..!!! BTW...that is called "Customer Retention"... :shock:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
HARPER said:
mArY...

Ps...It also HELPS...if you Don't have to BUY...every customer you CLEAN... :oops:

My repeat rate is 65% this month.
Only bought 45% this time big guy. !gotcha!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
HARPER said:
mArY...

My repeat rate is 65% this month.
Only bought 45% this time big guy. !gotcha!

You meaN you are over 50%...rIghT... :p
You MAY...want to check-out ...The "bEforE & aFtEr thread"... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Name
I'm Rick James
Its a nice 3 page estimate

th_cover.jpg

Amazing

Did it start as a simple one page estimate?

Then after the added Earmarks it grew to 3 pages.

Name
I'm Rick James
AmazingDB said:
Did it start as a simple one page estimate?

Then after the added Earmarks it grew to 3 pages.

I do love pork. I hope you have luck this year hunting so you can hook a brother up with some jerky.. shiteatinggrin

Name
I'm Rick James
Just got word we landed the 25,000 sq ft account, starting it next week. I am going to be rich at .06 cents a sq ft. Ivebeensold

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Congratulations on getting the contract!

Steve
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS This may devastate Fred but I don't have a link to shill on how to build an encapsulation route. Yet. But I'll paste in a bit from a soon-to-be-published Report on how to price and write a commercial contract proposal:

NOTE: On edit I see the formatting in the table didn't come through and I am too much of a klutz to do it. If you want a pdf of the below with the table legible just e-mail me at stoburen@StrategiesForSuccess.com

"it is essential to focus yourself on selling maintenance programs, not just “one-shot” cleanings. As we analyzed above you would have made money on the initial 700.00 cleaning. But where you can really clean up is a regular contract maintenance program! If you set up your accounts up on weekly, monthly, quarterly or semi-annual maintenance programs both you and your customers will benefit. The advantages of a maintenance program are numerous.

Remember that with regular maintenance the carpet always looks good. If you do a one-time cleaning sure enough (especially factoring in Murphy’s Law) by the time they’ve paid the bill 30 days later there will already be a few unsightly spills on the carpet. This is inevitable even with a quarterly cleaning frequency and so now the customer starts thinking the carpet is ‘getting dirty too soon”! (And of course it is always the fault of the carpet cleaner!)

But let’s say you now provide a “carpet consultation” by interviewing your contact using the Commercial Carpet Analysis form. This form not only structures your presentation it also will give you the data you need to structure a win-win maintenance proposal.

For example, to continue with the hypothetical 10,000 square foot example profiled above. Imagine now giving the property manager the option of:

1. Cleaning all the carpet once per year and then …
2. Quarterly cleaning all of his or her “problem areas” including main hallways, the kitchen/dining room and the traffic lanes in the offices. (This “open area” cleaning is where the Cyclone shines!) Plus, even better …
3. On a monthly basis you will go in and “hit” the main traffic hallway area and “touch-up” the kitchen/dining area where you both jointly determine most of the ugly spots are coming from.

So let’s see how to price this scenario which is going to give your customer a much higher appearance level for only a little more money. Instead of winging it you will use a logical approach to pricing with a spreadsheet like this for your internal financial calculations:

Month Area Crew size Crew time Total time required Hourly amount Total Running total
January All carpet 2 3.5 7 hours total 100.00 700.00 700.00
February Main traffic areas & dining room 1 1.5 1.5 100.00 150.00 850.00
March Main traffic areas & dining room 1 1.5 1.5 100.00 150.00 1000.00
April Main traffic areas, offices & dining 2 2 4 100.00 400.00 1400.00
May Main traffic areas & dining room 1 1.5 1.5 100.00 150.00 1550.00
June Main traffic areas & dining room 1 1.5 1.5 100.00 150.00 1700.00
July Main traffic areas, offices & dining 2 2 4 100.00 400.00 2100.00
August Main traffic areas & dining room 1 1.5 1.5 100.00 150.00 2250.00
September Main traffic areas & dining room 1 1.5 1.5 100.00 150.00 2250.00
October Main traffic areas, offices & dining 2 2 4 100.00 400.00 2650.00
November Main traffic areas & dining room 1 1.5 1.5 100.00 150.00 2800.00
December Main traffic areas & dining room 1 1.5 1.5 100.00 150.00 2950.00

So now you are providing a much higher level of service for about the same investment per year by the business plus you have the nucleus of a “encap route” started! So now lets divide the 2950.00 by 12 months and come up with an easily digestible amount for your client of 245.83. However, this is not all about spreadsheets. So let’s factor in something for “Murphy” (and your retirement fund) and price the above service at 290.00 per month. A great deal for the client giving them the maximum bang for their buck, a regular account for your “route employee” and an even better deal for you! (Plus don’t forget that if you keep this account long term you will be adding $5800.00 to the eventual purchase price of your business!)

HINT: You may be fretting about how to clearly communicate exactly how you are going to be maintaining the prospect’s facility. During your initial walk-through just ask your contact for copies of their “Fire Escape Egress” maps. By law every commercial building has to keep these visible. (You’ve seen them many times posted by the elevator.) Make copies of these scale drawings and then use different colored Hi-Liters to outline each area and it’s cleaning frequency. Voila! A very clear, impressive and professional proposal that is super easy for you to produce!

REMINDER: Of course, you are not going to include all the hourly pricing details in the spreadsheet above in your proposal. Instead, you are explaining what areas you are proposing to clean with the frequency detailed out. In fact, we normally don’t even include HOW the carpets will be cleaned. All the customer is interested in is “Will may carpets always look great?” Now with the data gleaned from your Commercial Carpet Analysis form and the initial walk-through you can give a resounding “Yes”!"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom