commercial carpet ?

KOOSER55

I had a customer call and say that after the carpets dried in there office that the carpethad white stuff all over it i havent looked at it yet i think my guys used one of the pre sprays with a high ph (11 i think) is this just a situation where the carpet needs to be rinsed?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
May have had something like drywall dust wick up as it dried. I would try rinsing it(go easy on the water) and get it dry fast.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Find out what was used on the carpet, but yes I would tend to agree with either drywall dust or carpet deoderizer.. the deoderizers are PIA.

RickL

I had the exact samething and I asked if they used Carpet Deodorizer they swore up and down several times no.
Well after two trips they admitted finding a can where the cleaning service had been using it. Vacumm Vacuum Vacuum after it's dry and that should take care it. That stuff wicks up for ever!!

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
FUNNY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just on a year ago I had to travel to an Aboriginal township for a carpet job.

May 8 last year. :wink:

Their normal cleaner who has been in the industry for about thirty years was unable to get the carpets clean in their administration office.

As luck would have it, I had just picked up a new Dyson DC14 that morning.

After a 1&1/2 half drive we got to this place and found the office.

Checked out all the carpet and it was clean apart from all this white stuff.

So I ASKED "do you ever put powdered carpet cleaner or deodorizer in the carpet"?

"Oh yeah, all the time".

So I unpacked the new Dyson and got to work.

The "white stuff" started to disappear.

The boss got me to stop and asked me..............

"Hey man, what is that machine" :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"It's a vacuum cleaner"

"Wow, the other bloke never had one of them"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So the job paid me $660.00, I only paid $425.00 for the Dyson and vacuumed for 1/2 an hour.

Nice tidy day 'cos I also picked up some other jobs while I was there, all Oscar Ash. :wink:

Ooroo,

:D

Could be the latex glue from the backing of the carpet. Or another cleaner you nuetralized.

I would think they had a few cleans that overwet the carpet and this eat away at the backing and whene you cleaned it surfaced.

could it also be salt from the winter? it usually turns white after cleaning...hydramaster Rinse Free Liquid works great to get salt residue out...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom