Commercial Chair Cleaning

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Chair 3.JPG
Chair 2.JPG
Chair 1.JPG

These chairs have been wiped with clorox sanitizer wipes and it takes alot of effort to remove the residue. What would you suggest I use to clean these chairs with the least amount of effort? Thanks !!

Also hand lotion residue on the top !!

And these chairs are supposed to be black !!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If they are all like that those are pretty nasty.

If you have a bunch to clean I might text clean one to see how it cleans and get an idea on time.

Depending on quantity we would be anywhere from a low of $12.00 (couple dozen or more) to a high of $25.00 if onesie-twosie.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The fabric is quite durable. So, I would try a prespray that has both enzymes, solvency and detergents (potentially an amoniated one)+ a detergent rinse.
Wipe well with towels and leave enough time to check for wicking and correct if necessary.

Test one chair as Richard suggests, if practical (most times it will require an extra trip which for me makes it impractical). Price according to amount of chairs being cleaned and actual time spent.

Some here use encapsulating products. I'm not a big fan on upholstery (don't consider it cleaning), though if price is an issue, it may do. If so, nuke them.
Explain in advance that the crunchy sound the chairs will make afterwards, is the sound of cleanliness :winky:

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Xerion, the Cimex sized synthetic bonnets and a power grinder.

I guarantee they'll come clean and you will spend less than a \minute on each and they'll be dry and ready to use in 5 minutes.

That's the kind of work Xerion was made for.

Take care,
Lisa

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We did a bunch like those and the ones that were light soil cleaned well. Those that were heavy soil like those pictured did not fair as well. It took multiple cleanings for them to get to an acceptable appearance and even then some spots we not removable. :errf:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Seriously, that shit works great for that kind of tough synthetic office furniture....and olefin commercial gluedown office carpet too.
I know I've heard you speak of it and I do believe you. :icon_rolleyes:
I do. :biggrin:

The ones we cleaned were high quality chairs and the material was nice and dense. The bad ones took lots of vacuuming and agitation just to get them half way presentable. I'm not fond of that material as far as results when heavily soiled.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
It's been many years since I've used it, hopefully it hasn't changed. Need a 300 RPM buffer for it to work right, tried with a 175 and it is not the same. The friction/heat from the speed is key to it. That's why you need a grinder, not as power drill for the upholstery/stair cleaning.

Take care,
Lisa

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i'd line them suckers up in a row
blow 'em down wit a 12 flow wand wit emulsifier
followed by the hand tool guy

Reactions: Jimmy L

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Explain in advance that the crunchy sound the chairs will make afterwards, is the sound of cleanliness :winky:

Hahaha !! Thats funny !!

Its about 300 chairs .. Ive cleaned 20 of them in the past .. and now they want all of them done. I spent 7-10 min per chair on most and maybe 15 on 1 or 2. The problem I had was trying to dissolve the Clorox wipe residue. Were talking about anytime someone different sat in the chair, it was wiped down with the wipes.

It was excessive stroking and with each pass more would come out. Im looking for a way to disolve the residue to reduce my passes.

Thanks !!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Would Clorox product have bleached away some color? Will heat activate bleach residue?

Avenge Heavy Duty Fabric Prespray works great on most office furniture. Give plenty of dwell time. I would want to find out if Clorox meant any bleach issues.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
upload_2015-4-2_13-10-9.jpeg

This is what they use .. no no bleaching issues .. yes a little to alot of foaming !! After I clean a chair, it is black again. Kinda the same color as the back support rails. Youd never know the fabric was black until youve cleaned them.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I'm not familiar with a residue. Whats it do foam?

When you wipe your hands with a sheet theres a sudsy residue. So the fabric has collected a large amount of suds over the years. And yes the waste tank requires alot of defoamer. Every pass Ive made reduces the white residue eventually. Im looking for something to disolve it right away. Maybe I should use defoamer in the rinse tank. I have to use a portable because its a high security lock down type of building.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Would Clorox product have bleached away some color? Will heat activate bleach residue?

Avenge Heavy Duty Fabric Prespray works great on most office furniture. Give plenty of dwell time. I would want to find out if Clorox meant any bleach issues.

Home & Garden Cleaning & Laundry
profile_b48.png
Do Clorox disinfecting wipes contain bleach, help!?

I used the wipes on my bathroom floor, is it safe to still lay my clothes on the floor while showering? Or could it 'bleach it'? Thanks

Follow

2 answers
Report Abuse

Answers
Relevance
  • profile_b96.png
    calcium hypochlorite in a aqueous solution will evaporate rather quickly . unless you are laying clothes directly on top of the wipes you should have no problem .

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
If you're asking about Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, then no. Its disinfecting property comes from isopropyl alcohol and not bleach (sodium hypochlorite).

Found this too.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I'm telling you, you could bid that job at $5 a chair, use Xerion and make bank.

No need to worry about the Clorox residue either.

Take care,
Lisa

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We would do them at 15 dollars a chair, production line style of cleaning.

Line them up ten at a time, prespray with powermax or similair( light on the juice, atomic potent is not what you are looking for here) clear water rinse, and wipe down with a clean towel( also clean base and any all levers, as they are paying to clean the chair not just the fabric) roll cleaned batch to a area with a couple of air movers to quick dry and roll 10 more to your cleaning area to repeat process until all chairs are done.

Should take 5-7 minutes a chair including moving them and try hard to remember or label the chairs as this is our only complaint.

I can't tell the difference between 10 of the "same" chairs but the ass that sits in it can tell that "this" chair is not "their" chair, and that they want "their chair back".

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I have to use a portable because its a high security lock down type of building

that sukx
I was going to suggest nuking one with something like Flex (yea I know it's sledgehammer CARPET pre-spray)
But that fabric is pretty indestructible if it's what i think it is

then cranking up the TM heat using a hi-flush/quick dry tool like the internal jet PMF
(or SS Upl Pro) but the PMF will clean better

being that you have to use a porty.....not sure

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Try procyon plus powder. Mix a prespray solution and follow with a mild procyon rinse in your extractor. Procyon does not produce foam. Great for cleaning things with prior detergent residue

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I say nuke it with flex scrub with a hand bonnet to break up that residue and rinse with the hand tool.

I use those clorox wipes for personal use. Trying to save water and the environment, like those POS Kalifornicans.
Ask me and I'll send you the ones I wipe my crack with.

Xerion sucks don't waste your money.

Reactions: Mikey P

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
that sukx

But that fabric is pretty indestructible (yes)

then cranking up the TM heat using a hi-flush/quick dry tool like the internal jet PMF
(or SS Upl Pro) but the PMF will clean better

being that you have to use a porty.....not sure

..L.T.A.

I have a couple of Galaxy Pro 2700 with heat .. I cant use my drymaster cause Id run outta water (17gal). So I use my old Prochem uph tool.

I normally use Pros Choice Oxygen Release Emulsifier in tank but I used Clear Water Rinse the last time thinking I could disolve the residue much faster !!

BTW - what is the best salt remover? I think they use calcium chloride.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Alwrighty .. I found out from the Clorox company, spraying hydrogen peroxide will break down the sanitizer wipes redidue. Which it did very well. These chairs were a mess to clean. The top of the back rest was loaded with hand lotion and hand oils. I had such a hard time with the first few that I went and got some Bio Break. Soaked it with that, scrubbed with a brush, extracted with Oxygen Release Emulsifier with 1 machine then rinsed it with Clear Water Rinse with the 2nd machine.

I had a little production triangle going. First I sprayed all chairs with the uph tool to soften the soil, then 1 girl sprayed Bio Break, 1 guy brushed them to death then pushed them to the guy cleaning with the ORE. After cleaning a chair heed pushem to me for the final rinse and inspection then Id pushem to her to clean all of the plastic parts (arms, back n legs). 50 chairs in 4hrs start to finish at $16 ea.

Chair 7.JPG
Chair 6.JPG
Chair 5.PNG

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom