commercial help needed

kevinj61

Hello all, I am going to expand my so far residential only carpet cleaning business and venture into commercial for both carpet and tile and grout for commercial carpet will offer both HWE and VLM Encapsulation, what's the best way to market to commercial, and as far as getting a commercial account set up on regular carpet cleaning intervals (cleaning contract) can some one direct me as to how to write up a contract or give me a sample contract or someplace to download one

thanks in advance for any help

Name
I'm Rick James
The best way to get commercial is to go out and get it. Dont let it just come to you.. because most of it wont. Put on your best button up shirt and offer a good presentation that they can buy into.

kevinj61

Hello Nero, thanks for the replay and i deffinatley don't want to do anything like the you tube video link you provided, so give me some presentation ideas what other than myself and a business card do i need to have on hand when walking ion and talking to someone any suggestions you have would be great

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i disagree with nero to some point..
i dont go after ANY commercial work at all!! it all comes to me from my
customers..i always let them know that we can do their office or work place
and from that i have more commercial work than i want..and i price it all high.
i am not competing with anyone to get it and am going in the door trusted and
not having to prove myself..you would be surprised at how many of your customers
are business owners or in a position to influence the decision maker..be sure to reward
your contact nicely and offer the entire work force and their family AND ALL THEIR FRIENDS discount for mentioning
the company name..you should turn every commercial job into at least 10 jobs..then turn those 10 jobs into 50
by referral..next thing you know you have 3-4 thousand customers in your data base

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
go to strategies for success.com They have a segment on getting commercial work. And I agree, if you want commercial, you have to go out and get it. Marketing to commercial customers is very much different than residential.

Name
I'm Rick James
Everyone has their own style that they roll with when dealing with commercial accounts. But the moral of the story is to be proactive.. if its going through their employees, direct mailers or face to face. I prefer the face to face because it gets things done quicker.

I roll in looking more than a tech in my uniform, I dress in nice slacks and a button up shirt. People make up their mind about you in the first 2 minutes of meeting you, so you gotta look the part. The handshake and eye to eye contact are also very important.

I have a personality that is very engaging and able to get along with majority of the people out there. You are also selling yourself over the service sometimes.

After all that, doing the walk throughs and so on. I dont use brochures or something generic like that, I have a folder that contains all the info I give them. I can think of the type of folder I use, It has a clear cover, for the cover letter and allows me to attach all my info to this folder. The name will come to me.

Inside this I have important info regarding cleaning, health and so on... I mainly use bullet points and easy to read paragraphs. I dont want them to feel they are reading a novel. The content us specialized to fit the business I am talking to. ie church, daycare and so on.

Again if you want to make something happen with your business, its up to you. You have to make it happen, with what ever style you choose to roll with.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
kevinj61 said:
... so give me some presentation ideas what other than myself and a business card do i need to have on hand when walking ion and talking to someone any suggestions you have would be great
Good point. I used a "Commercial Carpet Analysis" form that structured the Initial Interview with my client. Plus there is something about a clipboard that gave me confidence and gained respect from the business manager. Here is the one I used:

http://sfs.jondon.com/1972/resources/pa ... t-analysis

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS The other key is to set a reasonable requirement for yourself of NEW BUSINESS CONTACTS to make every week. I suggest 20 new contacts made in one intense Dedicated Sales Morning ...

http://sfs.jondon.com/755/resources/spe ... commercial

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
for your presentation to prospects check with Rick Gelinas
I think he has a banner ad here (Excellent Supply)

I bust his ballz at times , but there's no denying the guy has an excellent power point presentation put together for com prospects

if he doesn't have a banner ad here, disregard everything i said .... :twisted: :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom