commercial sales blitz

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
So my wife is starting a new job first week of December and because her old job is a sales job they rejected her 2 week notice and relieved her. To help her I offered to pay her $500.00 for a 40 hour work week of sales activity. My town is about 50k people and Im 25 minutes from another town of around 120k people. I have like 1k gift cards, 1kt, magnets , and 1k brouchures and color flyers. I am planning on having her do a couple hours of cold call each morning then nonstop hand outs for various businesses in different areas on each day. I would like to score 1 new restaurant , 1 or 2 prospects for janitorial and possibly a strip and wax job or anything else . I lost a couple commercial accounts this year for varied reasons and am not sitting as fat going into winter as I normally like to be. What would be your plan of attack if you had a sales person that needed to make as big of an impact as possible in 40 hours? I think we can do good. I have gotten a couple really nice accounts that I still have to this day from beating the street

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
wow, nice of you to "help" your wife out like that! I might have told my wife to enjoy her two week vacation, but I am a prick that way....... just pulling your chain, good luck with getting some new accounts.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Print up some cheap flyers and have her hit budget minded accounts. That might make the biggest impact in the short window of marketing you have her for. Most of the other corporate marketing is going to a bit slower in response but she can call and mail to those.

What I'd do is have her make her phone calls from 8:00-9:00. Then hit the pavement for a few hours and back in from 11:00-1:00.

She can line up her calls, get her mailings prepared and address those mailings with the names of the leads she got from the phone calls. Then back out on the road from 1:00-3:30, the rest of her day tying up her paperwork.

If you actually get a noticeable bump in business, I'd look into hiring a part-time girl to follow in her footsteps! :headbang:

Good luck!

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
ok update... Day one she passed out around 150 flyers gift cards and magnets. Lots of promising lip service from the people at the businesses but nothing in stone yet. Had a property manager at a nice apartment complex ask for a stack of magnets and told her that they where un happy with their current guy. Lots of other good responses Im sure at some point it will result in a sale. Tommarrow same goal 150 more 8 hours on the grind. It actualy was kind of cool to see the wife get out there and grind for the family. I have no doubt this blitz will get the phone wringing. just gotta plant the seeds and see how it goes. that's all for day one .4 more to go

Mikey P

Administrator
When we first started out in 01 my wife and daughter hit the streets.

We got a bunch of great jobs from the Campaign. Did one again today actually.

They got the best results on the weekends when folks were out in the yards or driveways and in a good mood.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
I have no doubt this blitz will get the phone wringing. just gotta plant the seeds and see how it goes...
Truer words were never spoken. And sadly, very few (probably like less than 2%) of cleaners out there have a consistent face-to-face "outreach" sales program.

Steve

PS Jon. it sounds like your wife is already a professional sales person. But she might really benefit from our section just on how to sell to and produce commercial accounts.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Update day 2. 200 flyers, magnets, and gift cards. I gave 2 estimates for hard surface jobs. Again nothing yet in stone but with close to 400 commercial gift cards out there , Im sure something will happen. I had a couple jobs from the phone book schedule for this Friday so that took off some of the edge. 3 days left well see what happens

Back
Top Bottom