Competition Is Rough!!

G

Today I went to bid a Concrete floor job that required cleaning and repair if the Poly Coating. Now I am a reasonable pricer; to high to be low baller to low to be outrageously expensive.

9000 sqft. I bidded $0.20 a sqft.; most contractors bidded $0.48. The winner bidded $0.05 per sqft. $450!!

$1,800.00 was a sweet price for that job. it would have involved cleaning, proper evaluation of worn/damamged areas, repair of damaged areas, and topical buff, and lite poly glaze to make like new shine.

About 14 ours to do it properly. If he would decide to call me back with reconsideration I would double my original bid.

I guess things are tighter for some than others.

I know a company in my area that cleans motel rooms for 3 dollars each. Service Master. I kid you not. Some guys think as long as they are making 10 dollars an hour they are doing good. This is why you need to have a core customer base of residential customers. I am sorry you did not get the job, but I bet if you go back to the place in about a month and ask them if they are ready to have the work done correctly as you know the other guy is going to do a shoddy job, they will let you do it. Drop your price down to 1500 if they can pay you cash to make them think they are getting a deal.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
if a business is willing to pay you cash with no reciept then I am pretty sure they could care less about it being done right

G

I agree with all above; this was a pet stop with a great crowd roaming through; they seemed to have good business going. Dunno what the deal was; except that some businesses are trying to take advantage of the economic scare here; we have 15,000 unemployed people in Pensacola.

Even if everyone in the world vacationed here the economy wouldn't recover. Most of the custy's here want everything for nothing. I hope you guys are having better luck than I am; wife's been a praying up a storm; god has something in the mix.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
Today I went to bid a Concrete floor job that required cleaning and repair if the Poly Coating. Now I am a reasonable pricer; to high to be low baller to low to be outrageously expensive.

9000 sqft. I bidded $0.20 a sqft.; most contractors bidded $0.48. The winner bidded $0.05 per sqft. $450!!

i bidded .20 and the average was .48
what does a low baller mean???
i do'nt understand

Mikey P

Administrator
Low Baller:

Someone who can do the job for less than you either because they have less over head than you or are just ignert to the fact that for a business to succeed one must make a profit

Lost a 13,000.00 brick paver job last, pretty easy to lose when the guy shows you other bids...sucks I was 2nd to last...lol

Back
Top Bottom