Completed my new mailer/flier for current customers (pics)

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
Thought I would try something rather inexpensive and somewhat personal for current customers. I figure with the mail fees and envelope fees about 75 cents at most. I currently have 225 regular customers. $170 bucks, a little less than the average ticket.
Looks like a newspaper don't it ?

news.jpg

news2.jpg

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Very nice newsletter. I would suggest cautioning your customers about spraying 20 or 30 volume peroxide on a urine stain as you suggest. If they have a wool carpet you are showing them how to make a permanent and irreversible color damage. Perhaps you should offer carpet patching. That would be slick.

hogjowl

Idiot™
If you created that yourself, and can continue to do so throughout the entire year, quarterly, semi-annually, whatever ... then you have my respect.

If you are paying to have that done for you, congratulations. I hope you keep it up.

If this is a one time thing, even if you created it, or not, then it looks great, but you just wasted a great deal of your time, or some of your money.

I figured I'd not let Art be the only asswipe on this thread.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Looks very good.

What size is it?

Does it fold in half for mailing?

Did you draw the cartoon?

Here I wouldn't mail it untill the snow melts.

Who knows how long that could take.

We have had 1-4 ft of snow on the ground since the first week of December. (longest in 100 years)

Customers are really burned out by the weather.

But, they won't have any cleaning untill the snow is out of here.

The newsletter looks good, but I think a creative postcard with a great offer would make people pick up the phone and call.

Where is your call to action? What is going to make customers pick up the phone and call? My service monster cards are so dull it is not even funny but I am getting a ton of business off them. So I have to wonder what kind of results I would get with custom well designed postcards. I get several calls everyday from past customers that book. They all say the same thing. I was thinking about getting my carpet cleaned and then this card showed up. I did a job this evening for a guy I cleaned for two years ago. I also think the longer I do the program the better my results will get. They are getting much better than when I first started.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
I think everything about that piece is great except the peroxide information, which I would dump completely. Dave is right about it not being a busy time now, but I would advise you to mail regularly to your clients including in the wintertime. It is such a small investment to make and it keeps you in front of them, builds rapport and perceived relationship. Regular communication, even in the slow months, will increase your repeat and referral business.

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
Jeff,
Your right. This is really just to keep in touch with my current customers. I have a very personable personality and a special relationship with almost every customer. My ability to relate with people on almost any subject of interest is what sets me apart from other cleaners.
One goal with this mailer is to get everyones email address, which I have not done often enough. Hence the free give aways. Also to reinforce them that I am a family man who really cares about my work.
There is no definitive Call to Action, as I am just trying to set myself apart from the competition.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
I'm sure you're as busy everybody. Advertisers have seconds to get your attention. What goes through your mind as you're sorting through the day's mail?

For me it's,

"Is this important," or can I toss it now?

"What is it," or is it something I need or want?

And, "Who's it from from," or do I even care?

The first thing to strike me is how hard the reader has to work to figure out who it's from. It doesn't have to be the focal point but your contact information should be prominent and easy to find.

The second thing is it's a bit busy.

If it were me I'd thin out the content and add margins, white space and a little more uniformity. Make it easy to read. I'd work your family into the "feature" story. Your customers will enjoy reading about what your kids did in the snow more than what the cold weather is doing to their carpets.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom