COMPRESSED AIR PEPSI TYPE SPRAYER VS. BATTERY SPRAYER

theden

I don't want to use in-line sprayers anymore so am thinking of either going with a battery sprayer or a compressed air Pepsi type sprayer and would appreciate any positive and/or negative feedback on either of these type sprayers from anyone using one or the other for applying pre-spray.

Name
Nate W.
The bad thing I heard about the pepsi sprayer is the hose breaking and making a huge mess by spraying everywhere. I use a omni battery sprayer. It works for me.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I never understood the appeal of pepsi spray cans.
(they were once a BB de juor item.. :roll: )

they're stupid heavy, you need a compressor on board to re-pressurize them and the valves have been known to pop off the top and spray juice all over Mrs Phiff's ceilings....

NO THANKS

buy a good corded or battery electric sprayer ....leave the pepsi cans in the soda fountains

..L.T.A.

-JB-

Name
JB
buy a good corded or battery electric sprayer ....

Like what?

Multi-sprayer w/the PITA jugz/hoses ya gotta contort yore hands to get in place, or the Mytee BIG BOSS sprayer, the thing is the size of a flippin' "smart-car"

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
JB said:
buy a good corded or battery electric sprayer ....

Like what?

Multi-sprayer w/the PITA jugz/hoses ya gotta contort yore hands to get in place, or the Mytee BIG BOSS sprayer, the thing is the size of a flippin' "smart-car"

I agree, JB.
the jug opening and capacity is the biggest draw back of the Multi
The size of the Boss is stupid for res use
and the "geniuses" at Interlink discontinued the BEST sprayer in favor of that abortion they call the Omni.
What genius makes a 2.5 gal sprayer that size and shape is beyond me... :roll:

this is (was) the best designed sprayer ever made.

http://www.rotovaccorp.com/sprayers-hydroforce.html

3 gal capacity (the "sweet" spot for most average jobs)
HUGE mouth opening for ease of filling and mixing powders
Pump mounted on top so leaks/spills don't corrode wiring (like the Multi)

It just needed a couple refinements/engineering changes to make it darn near perfect.
Like a rocker switch instead of that stupid toggle that BEGS to busted off
a vertical wand holder (instead of horizontal like it has)
and perhaps just a might tad shorter, but wider to keep the capacity but make it little less top heavy

Instead, the "genius" scrap the whole thing and put out that POS Omni

when our HF finnaly croaks beyond repair (like the tank breaks) I'm not sure what we'll get.
Prolly go back to the Multi for regular use or resurrect the Turbo mist sprayer I bought from Gary Heacock a couple years ago

..L.T.A.

-JB-

Name
JB
or the Mytee BIG BOSS sprayer, the thing is the size of a flippin' "smart-car"

speakawich...

I got a BRAND-NEW NEVER USED one for the right price..... make me an offer. You pay shipping.

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
Hey can you guys tell me why a battery sprayer is better than an inline sprayer?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I use both an inline sprayer and battery sprayer. The inline sprayer is way better for prespraying carpets. It's faster, hotter and lighter. The battery sprayer is handy for putting down protector or prespraying upholstery.

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
ACE said:
I use both an inline sprayer and battery sprayer. The inline sprayer is way better for prespraying carpets. It's faster, hotter and lighter. The battery sprayer is handy for putting down protector or prespraying upholstery.

Thanks, I have 2 inline sprayers and they've always worked fine. But I see a lot of guys using the battery type. I have a nice pump spray for protector but wish I had a battery powered one for the bigger jobs. I thought that it may be better for atomization...

Bjorn

I have been using pepsi sprayers for years and have had no problems I see the ones bitching about them have never used them.

just like any tool needs maintenance you know like replace the hose every ten years if it needs it or not.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Torn said:
Hey can you guys tell me why a battery sprayer is better than an inline sprayer?

Because it's easier to lug in a big heavy battery sprayer that will run out of power at some point when you still need it than it is to snap on a HF and spray everything down in 93 seconds. Not everything in this life makes sense.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Art Kelley said:
Torn said:
Because it's easier to lug in a big heavy battery sprayer that will run out of power at some point when you still need it than it is to snap on a HF and spray everything down in 93 seconds. Not everything in this life makes sense.

With a battery sprayer you know the exact dilution of whatever you're spraying.

With an inline, the dilution varies according to temperature and pressure. You also need to drag a solution line behind you.

I've used both. My inlines have been gathering dust for years.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Torn said:

in-line;
inconstant chem draw.
you don't know if it's drawing or not
varies with heat, PSI and chem viscosity
Harder to mix powdered chems at strong dilute
If you're TM makes HOT water, you have to turn down the heat or they won't draw
(they stop drawing at 180 to 200)
If you use an acid rinse (like some do) you have to turn off the feed and purge the line...other wise, you're nullifying some of the efficacy of alkaline pre-sprays

electric sprayers;
precise dilutions for any and every chem every time...no guessing if it's drawing or not.
easy change from nuke juice on a rat hole to mild juice in a well kept res.
Juices/powders with oxidizers don't lose potency
(cause you mix what you need and they're not sitting in an in-line jug all day losing potency minute by minute, hour by hour)
NO stopping the wand to spray.
That's not a big deal to the one man crew, but a mortal sin for two man crew.
Even with single man, if your TM makes HOT water, it means you have to run out to the van, turn down the heat and bleed off some hot water....or you ain't drawing squat out of an in-line

..L.T.A.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We sell both the 5 Gallon Stainless can and Mytee's Boss electric sprayer.

Our 5-Gallon is the lightest sprayer you can carry for the capacity.
5galkeg.jpg

Stainless resists many different chemicals.
Wide-mouth is easy for mixing.
The sprayer itself is relatively trouble-free.
The air compressor needs to be high-quality for long life.

The Mytee Boss is easy to roll around (no lifting)
The poly tank is also chem-resistant.
The wand has a holder on the handle for handling.
Battery charge sprays 100 gallons.
Charger is built-in (can't get lost).

Larry

roro

Name
Ross Craig
meAt said:

Even with single man, if your TM makes HOT water, it means you have to run out to the van, turn down the heat and bleed off some hot water....or you ain't drawing squat out of an in-line
..L.T.A.

I have seen comments similar to this many times on various boards. We use high heat our pre-spray containers get empty there is no way that they stop drawing. Our only problem is the dribbling run on from seals that don't last for any more than a few months.

roro

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
roro said:
meAt said:

..L.T.A.

I have seen comments similar to this many times on various boards. We use high heat our pre-spray containers get empty there is no way that they stop drawing. Our only problem is the dribbling run on from seals that don't last for any more than a few months.

roro

maybe you're not getting 180 to 200 at the "sprayer"
or it's cause you're down under ...so you're upside down and the juice from the jug in pouring into the feed....no siphon needed.... !gotcha!

..L.T.A.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Hey Larry Cap.

Does rotocrap still have the 12 volt sprayer? Once I left the page you linked to I couldn't find any sprayers on their site. The last one I bought was from a vacuum site. Great sprayer with a few drawbacks. Do you have a problem keeping the feet on? I can't find any glue that will stick to roto-molded plastic.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
meAt said:
maybe you're not getting 180 to 200 at the "sprayer"
or it's cause you're down under ...so you're upside down and the juice from the jug in pouring into the feed....no siphon needed.... !gotcha!

..L.T.A.

Yeah you are right we normally run in excess of 230 so 180-200 is unknown territory for us !gotcha! Here's a shot of home.
IMG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q285/roro_049/nasaviewofEnzad.jpg[/IMG]
nasaviewofEnzad.jpg

Back
Top Bottom