Concrete Cleaning Guide

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Along with my associates at Hydro-Force, I have completed a 4 page guide for concrete maintenance. This full color training guide includes information on various types of decorative concrete and how to clean, degrease, brighten, seal and densify concrete and calcium based stone like travertine, limestone and even marble.

If you would like a free copy of this guide, send me an email with "Concrete Cleaning" in the subject line and I will attach I copy to my reply that you can print out. The illustrations look best on a color printer.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Thanks Scott.

i know this is a marketing effort to hawk concrete chems,
(not a thing wrong with that, BTW...just good biz)
but even if a BD didn't intend to get involved with 'crete , it would be worth reading just to find out how to "densify" concrete ...... :lol:

seriously, education is a good thing ...'specially when it's FREE... !gotcha!
I'd like to check it out.

we s'posed to PM you our addy, or what??

...L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ron Lippold said:
larry for 189.95 ill tell you how to densify stone travertine and concrete, and what products work best.

I'm sure you would, Ronald
and for $599 I'm put on a Santa suit and let you sit on my lap this Christmas

..l.T.A.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
meAt said:
Ron Lippold said:
larry for 189.95 ill tell you how to densify stone travertine and concrete, and what products work best.

..l.T.A.

Ohhhhh, and will you tell us fishing stories too?

Name
Nate W.
Charles Lyman said:
meAt said:
[quote="Ron Lippold":qexz28ah]larry for 189.95 ill tell you how to densify stone travertine and concrete, and what products work best.

..l.T.A.

Ohhhhh, and will you tell us fishing stories too?[/quote:qexz28ah]

He'll let you hold his gun(s)... lol

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Scott,

I can tell you’re a sharp guy at the top of the industry. It’s sad to see you align yourself with people who could care less about the success of their customers. Interlink has a long history of enticing cleaners to move into new seemingly lucrative markets arming them with a false since of knowledge.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ACE said:
Scott,

I can tell you’re a sharp guy at the top of the industry. It’s sad to see you align yourself with people who could care less about the success of their customers. Interlink has a long history of enticing cleaners to move into new seemingly lucrative markets arming them with a false since of knowledge.

is it science or sense???

anyway I agree....

While i am not a guru by any sort, The few classes on concrete i went to (at the World of Concrete show) and the few concrete guys i have talked to, make reading that a little amused...

Much like the laminator + thing, which i have read seems to have gone missing, this gives the cleaners just enough info to make them dangerous...

also while Ron and a few others seem to be doing ok with the monkey pads thing....how many more have fudged things up out there???

cuz hey ITS EASY & MAKES YOU BIG $$$$$:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
ACE said:
Scott,

First off, thanks for the kind words.

I have to disagree strongly with the perception that the people I work for don't care about the success of our customers. The growth and even survival of Bridgepoint or Interlink Supply depends upon the success of our thousands of cleaner customers. We depend upon repeat and referral clients walking back into our stores every day. I suspect it is similar for your business, so you know what I am talking about. We don't want to harm that relationship.

I work with these folks every day and I know they care.

It is important to keep on top of industry trends. The trend has been for less carpet to be manufactured every year for the last 3 years. Even prior to that carpet was losing market share. Understanding and being able to serve all your customers needs, not just carpet cleaning.

We try to keep our customers informed about trends and new possibilities, so they can take advantage of them if the opportunity is right for them.

I do agree that not every service is right for every business. I expect very few cleaners will actually land large commercial concrete cleaning accounts like Costco, Lowes, Wal Mart, Sam's Club and so forth. They may clean a residential customers garage once in a while as an add-on sale. Still, I want them to know the opportunity is there if they feel it is right for them and if they choose to go after it.

If I did not care about the success of our customers, I would keep quiet and not share any information. But that is not me.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
scottw said:
ACE said:
Scott,

First off, thanks for the kind words.

I have to disagree strongly with the perception that the people I work for don't care about the success of our customers. The growth and even survival of Bridgepoint or Interlink Supply depends upon the success of our thousands of cleaner customers. We depend upon repeat and referral clients walking back into our stores every day. I suspect it is similar for your business, so you know what I am talking about. We don't want to harm that relationship.

I work with these folks every day and I know they care.

It is important to keep on top of industry trends. The trend has been for less carpet to be manufactured every year for the last 3 years. Even prior to that carpet was losing market share. Understanding and being able to serve all your customers needs, not just carpet cleaning.

We try to keep our customers informed about trends and new possibilities, so they can take advantage of them if the opportunity is right for them.

I do agree that not every service is right for every business. I expect very few cleaners will actually land large commercial concrete cleaning accounts like Costco, Lowes, Wal Mart, Sam's Club and so forth. They may clean a residential customers garage once in a while as an add-on sale. Still, I want them to know the opportunity is there if they feel it is right for them and if they choose to go after it.

If I did not care about the success of our customers, I would keep quiet and not share any information. But that is not me.

Thats the same in every setting.....I remember the 1st few years of Biz how many C-stores had VCT time in them.....now how many have it??? not many....for the utah locals here is a perfect example

Maverick Gas stations....
older stores VCT
some what newer stores/remodels Tile & Grout
new builds polished and/or stained concrete.....though they still arent doing them right anyway IMHO

The trend....try to find a floor that needs the least amount of service possible....

same with homes.....tile....still need to clean every so often

DIY laminates....in theory nothing should need to be done....when it does...should be time to replace...and hey if its a DIY they DIY again...

The problem is a dangling carrot......dangle it to get them to buy, but if you dont FULLY UNDERSTAND what you are dealing with you can mess it up....

I cant count how many VCT floors i have fixed because "the last guy" did it stupid

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Nate The Great said:
[quote="Charles Lyman":2n3wogpt]
meAt said:

..l.T.A.

Ohhhhh, and will you tell us fishing stories too?

He'll let you hold his gun(s)... lol[/quote:2n3wogpt]

Larry is the only guy on this board that uses guns for fishing rather than a hook.
Lets see you do that Island boy!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ofer Kolton said:
Larry is the only guy on this board that uses guns for fishing rather than a hook.
Lets see you do that Island boy!

when you see a Bluegill in the shallows, you only have to get close with a shot from 44mag to make it go "belly up" :shock:

That's what I've "heard" anyway....
cause never miss at such close range

:lol: :mrgreen: 8) 8) 8)

.L.T.A.

Gary T

For $1.00 I'll tell you what a waste of time and money it is to try to densify any damn stone. But if you knew anything about stone you might already know that. Concrete is a completely different animal. But the primate pad training probably didn't cover anything about any stone in the 5 min it takes to learn to "polish like a pro" At least my RugDoc has a gold approval:)

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Gary T said:
For $1.00 I'll tell you what a waste of time and money it is to try to densify any damn stone. But if you knew anything about stone you might already know that. Concrete is a completely different animal. But the primate pad training probably didn't cover anything about any stone in the 5 min it takes to learn to "polish like a pro" At least my RugDoc has a gold approval:)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom