Concrete cleaning

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
What do you guys recommend to remove oil stains? The customer said they want stains completely removed. 3A84F4C5-242F-4AFD-A57F-5B4653E1449E.jpegAEBAA3AC-916E-4C47-82F2-B011E14AA551.jpeg

steve_64

Oil dry and scrub it in with your feet until the grit is gone. Sweep it up and do it again.

It can take awhile but it will remove the stain. Just keep kicking it in until it's gone.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
In my garage I will spray down some brake clean and scrub it with and old terry towel. What's left I will do as Steve has suggested above. You need to let the ground in floor dri set for as long as possible.

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
Oil dry and scrub it in with your feet until the grit is gone. Sweep it up and do it again.

It can take awhile but it will remove the stain. Just keep kicking it in until it's gone.
I’ve done that on my driveway but it doesn’t completely remove.

Can you use that stuff like poultice wet it and cover for a few days?

steve_64

I’ve done that on my driveway but it doesn’t completely remove.

Can you use that stuff like poultice wet it and cover for a few days?
I've left it uncovered in my driveway for a week or so and it helped a lot.
But I'm impatient so I grind it with my feet. You have to use a lot of it. pile it on thick to start and grind away.
Those couple spots will take a lot maybe 20 lbs or more.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
Concrete is porous, the oil has penetrated it and will continue to wick up. The floor Dri absorbs it as it does.

Reactions: Doug Rice

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Poultice or your waiting your time.... https://prosoco.com/product/oil-grease-stain-remover/

PROSOCO® Oil and Grease Stain Remover is a poultice cleaner for pulling stubborn oil and grease stains out of pavers, concrete, stone and other porous surfaces. Just pour Oil & Grease Stain Remover on the embedded stain. It spreads out to make an instant poultice – no mixing, troweling, plastic covering or tape needed.
As the poultice dries, it pulls the contaminants
out of the substrate, capturing them in its highly absorbent blend of batter-thick surfactants, solvents and powders. After a 5–8 hour dwell, simply sweep up the dried poultice and its absorbed contaminants for easy disposal.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
F9 great product we use a lot, not of this type tho
We use local company taht makes promclean. 75% apply and rinse. 100% gone
If not go to the above, Hd and Lowe’s also have oil out products. Pour and walk away

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Did they happen to mention that they want it done at a “reasonable” price?

Because those spots took time to form and they’ll take a few applications to remove. As in, multiple trips.

Reactions: Condog

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
We are going to try the prosoco. We are going to apply today, then clean on Friday. Hopefully it works.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
Looks better waiting for property manager to look at it. We may do another treatment

D00D93DC-B493-47F3-9E2A-8429418FDC68.jpeg 1648F68F-40B7-4C86-81E6-507173FDE98B.jpeg

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
We're they satisfied?

How did the experiment at home go?
They were happy after second application. Came out better than I thought it would.

The home experiment did not work. At least not fast maybe if I would have left it for a month it would have, but who has that kind of time?

Reactions: steve_64

nipsip

Name
Jim Harris
Those stains look like they have been embedded for a long time. You probably should use a bioremediation process to remove the stains. Micro-organisms break down and eat the hydrocarbons of the oil. It generally requires up to a week to do its job and may take a few applications to work on the toughest of stains, but it does work. And the best part is no scrubbing is required. Eximo is one product and Terminator-HSD is another. Both are available on Amazon. Last gasp method. Pour a liberal amount of acetone or MEK onto the oil stain. Keep applying until the solvent is soaked into the concrete (these solvents will sink in). Once it has sunk into the concrete cover the area with pure portland cement, not concrete or mortar mix. Pure Portland cement is a hygroscopic powder that will absorb the oil. Let it sit for a week (you can cover it with cardboard or whatever). Just sweep it up and the stain should be gone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom