Confused about Chemical Siphon

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I run my slide-in off of a water tank, and have simply been mixing chems in the tank. This usually is fine, but I want to add an HF sprayer, and also have the option to switch from an acid rinse to a detergent rinse, if needed, without dumping the water tank. So I need to add chem. injection or siphon.

My Q is concerning the siphon. I have read previous posts on how to do this by adding a gate valve and starving the pump, forcing it to draw from the chem jug. However, my unloader routes back to the water tank, so by doing this, the chem solution not used ATW will dump back into the freshwater tank, which is not desirable.

So, on these types of chem. siphons(like a Judson) I have to assume that the unloader dumps elsewhere, but where? The only thing I can think of is maybe a small water box? How does that work?

Thanks in advance for all advice.

John Watson

My unloader goes back to a T on the siphon side of my pump. Walla, I am not sure if there is a check valve inbetween or not, don't think so. My 120 gal water tank is my water box, nothing is returned there.

If you install a water box you will need to also install a pump from your water supply tank to the water box.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I run 2 chemical jugs on mine and I have hooked them up with 3 way valves so I can switch from tank to tank....and use one metering device...both have a auto fill to make it as easy as possible.....nothing goes in the fresh water tank but soft water and then I can chose which type of rinse I want........

100_3929.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

this will work with a single chemical pump or a single in line chemical injector..you are just isolating the tanks......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
it is a third port off my waste tank..It is not that big I was just standing close to it in the picture.........

Greenie

Rhino,

You either move your unloader tank hose over to the pump intake like Watson, or you get a small Mix tank and let the unloader dump to that and the pump suck from that to contain chemical.

This was a bit hard to do on old Venturi trucks as they had no chem system.

The question is how much draw does your cat pump have, and where do you put your mix tank and transfer pump.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom